14 replies to this topic

#1 nightwishfan1

nightwishfan1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Well it seems we have some RRoD with the jasper 360 units people. Been browsing some other forums and came across -----> . Not sure if this is fake or what, hence why I said possibly in the topic title for those who ignore reading it. I know some inevitably will.

Anyway the unit in the video is seemingly of a red RE5 limited edition elite console with the RRoD. From what I recall these are jasper units. So first we have no recorded instances of RRoD happening to these, and now there's the distinct possibility of it happening to them from what's shown by this video. Well everyone take really good care of your jasper consoles if this is the real deal.

#2 Ddude723

Ddude723

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

There have been multiple accounts of Jaspers RRODing. In fact I posted this video a while back of a RE5 elite (not mine). All RE5 elites are jaspers.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

I really hope this is not going to be a problem with the new units. If this then Ms really made a major error again. People have stayed loyal and even bought multiple units despite horrendous design and reliability problems. Problems with Jaspers will not be looked on favourably.
I hope this is not correct

#4 xbox360dude

xbox360dude

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

complete fake....

well according to ma experience it will definitely take few secs before a GPU or CPU like rrod appears..
I bet this is a power problem related...
and it is also possible tht he changed the mobos
and 1 more thing it needs sme time before RROD appears... atleast 2 months
well I can be wrong

#5 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I just dont understand why its so hard to make a decent console.I think they use cheap material and they keep trying to win a few bucks on each machine and in fact all they do is trowing away more money and pissing customers off.So sad this keeps going on.

QUOTE(xbox360dude @ Mar 20 2009, 12:17 PM) View Post

complete fake....

well according to ma experience it will definitely take few secs before a GPU or CPU like rrod appears..
I bet this is a power problem related...
and it is also possible tht he changed the mobos
and 1 more thing it needs sme time before RROD appears... atleast 2 months
well I can be wrong

Once you have the rrod it only takes like 2 to 3 seconds to show the red lights when you activate the console.3 lights means hardware failure i dont think its fake.

Edited by ToBbErT, 20 March 2009 - 11:49 AM.

#6 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

looks like ppl trying to get popular on youtube...

#7 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

RROD appears far too fast for it to be GPU related, in my experience anyway. I would like to see the actual error codes for these consoles but chance would be a fine thing.

#8 vildzek

vildzek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

I think you have nothing to play and surf the forums. I have already 3 models of 360, the last is Jasper arcade, not a RRod from me. Buy your 360 then post here, remember i also play a lot, even 10 h/day if i like a game, so grow up and forget Ytube. I admit that i replace the termopaste with ARctic Silver 5, because MS set a cheap one. The Liteon is take 2x times less to install the game in my hdd, before i had a Benq. From me, Jasper is better.

#9 nightwishfan1

nightwishfan1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(vildzek @ Mar 20 2009, 08:33 AM) View Post

I think you have nothing to play and surf the forums. I have already 3 models of 360, the last is Jasper arcade, not a RRod from me. Buy your 360 then post here, remember i also play a lot, even 10 h/day if i like a game, so grow up and forget Ytube. I admit that i replace the termopaste with ARctic Silver 5, because MS set a cheap one. The Liteon is take 2x times less to install the game in my hdd, before i had a Benq. From me, Jasper is better.

Same applies to you my friend so I wouldnt be one to talk if I were in your shoes. Also FYI even though it isnt any of your business I had just finished up a area of Star Ocean Lost Hope before I came online. And about growing up. I'm 28. You.....Hmm what was it you said?? Game 10h/day? What is it normally for other games....4-6hrs? Cause if you can do 10hrs on a liked game then you have entirely too much time on your hands let alone 4-6 if that's a minimum....Are you in high school? Got no job or something? If you are high school age or w/e then you oughta really take your own advice and grow the fuck up, cause your post was uncalled for, and unneccessary.

As for these jasper RRoD spurts that have popped up. It can happen and we got no idea how many are legit, or w/e the case may be. Worse yet we got no idea how long to expect our consoles to last. The more legit vids and such like this, then the better off we are for determining a time frame, and possibly figuring out what we can do different than what was shown in each instance.

And one last thing....Yeah no kidding jasper is better...Or at least it should be.

Edited by nightwishfan1, 20 March 2009 - 03:51 PM.

#10 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

The 3 red lights appear instantly which suggests this is a power related issue not GPU. Also I noticed that in the video you can see his paper receipt sitting directly behind the console where the fans are. When he switches it on it doesn't blow away or appear to move. This would again suggest a power supply problem as the fans are not even running.

Secondary error codes and a look at the power supply LED would be helpful to see. From personal experience though I'd say this is most likely a PSU issue or something shorted on the mobo.

#11 vildzek

vildzek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Is irelevant how old i am or have a job. So my 360 get RRod , SO WHAT? i go to my cousin and fix it. I dont complain on forums, i HAVE THE F.....g money and fix the xbox. I play for years on them, the 360 is a fine machine, is the user fault 50% of Rrod. This thread is similar to price of ps3, i mean is 400 $ now, so people complain is expensive. Ok if you buy 1/month, but c mon...the ps3 is not a pc, to upgrade monthly. And the other thing you also think bluray is expensive, 10$ per single layer, let s stick to original. No point to hack the ps3, isn t ? Of course the first models heating up, but never go Rrod on me, the second was a Falcon, i sold it in perfect shape to get Jasper. No psu problems no nothing. I repeat in my country, i dont SEND the xbox to MS, i repair the console, because i can/

#12 nightwishfan1

nightwishfan1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

Way to take the topic out of context. This isnt a complaint. Lot of people here dont see legit issues with jasper units. The vids posted were of other people with legit RRoD. It's irrelevant that you can fix your own. We all can lol. Bad thing about our fixes is they are only temporary at best. Now we see the possibility of RRoD, and we can decide if we want to mod a jasper or not. Some people will, some wont cause on one hand people have had multiple consoles with multiple problems. Maybe even tried the various fixes here and such. So of course they want to know what to expect before pissing money down the drain, and not being able to trade back to MS for a brand new replacement....That or hopefully get a decent repair or refurb. On the other hand there are people like you who are ready to mod, and spend to fix it each time something goes wrong. Some people like the easier choice if given it.

I'd imagine with you a given model of 360 lasted anywhere between 1-3 months after a fix right? If you ask me that's a lot of money down the drain, since you say you got the money to pay and fix it. I'll pay my $200, and spend zilch to ship mine to MS, and get a new one shipped back from MS since I cant be bothered to fix it each and every time it screws up.

#13 vildzek

vildzek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Mine never get fixed, because i anticipated further heat problems, always have the Xclamp made on them. Is 3 years and 3 console from launch. I sold them intact, the only part used was the laser, especially when NXE was absent.And bud, i only choose NEW 360, not refurbished, not EBAY, brand new in BOX. Mine is modded 1.51 one week ago, and work flawless. Of course many have problems with them, of course the ps3 has the optical drive sensible, but that the life. Maybe i got lucky, 3x times in a row. I already now the problems with the ps3, 360, and before i buy i THINK, what to do and minimize the damage. Until now ps3 is a good machine, but the blu ray drive is weak, similar to ps2. And weak to updates, also. Is MS fault but also the people, they WANT a CHEAP MACHINE, they got it. I personal want a 1000$ console, but very reliable, similar to xbox 1 at least.

Edited by vildzek, 20 March 2009 - 05:10 PM.

#14 xbox360dude

xbox360dude

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(ToBbErT @ Mar 20 2009, 12:23 PM) View Post

I just dont understand why its so hard to make a decent console.I think they use cheap material and they keep trying to win a few bucks on each machine and in fact all they do is trowing away more money and pissing customers off.So sad this keeps going on.
Once you have the rrod it only takes like 2 to 3 seconds to show the red lights when you activate the console.3 lights means hardware failure i dont think its fake.

DUDE check out what GRIMD and others have said from their own experience.....smetimes 3 rrod is caused by a power power faliure

#15 buzz44

buzz44

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(xbox360dude @ Mar 22 2009, 04:19 AM) View Post

DUDE check out what GRIMD and others have said from their own experience.....smetimes 3 rrod is caused by a power power faliure

True that. Don't quote me on this, but doesn't the RROD for a power issue flash different than to a GPU issue?

I got an RROD when I done a 12v fan mod. I had a GND wire get stuck under where you put the top half case screws in and it exposed the wire and I got a RROD. It happened about 5 minutes after I started a game though. So I'm guessing the heat helped melt/expose the wire. Anyways the 360 froze, turned it off and on again and I got an instant RROD but it was flashing differently. The red lights were flashing faster than usual, and also the green light in the middle was also flashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users