• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TDWPjacquess

TDWPjacquess

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

Alright,this was my first time hacking my firmware, after finally getting my drive into b mode i finally got everything to work, i used toolbox v4.8 to install whatever firmware comes with that i believe its something like 1.4.8, apon more research i became aware that there was a new firmware out, 1.51 i would like to know if anyone could help me out because my xbox is currently sitting in pieces on my computer desk and it would be nice to put it back toghther, i basically need help on how to return to original firmware and then to 1.51. I am running on a hitachi 79 fk.

Edited by TDWPjacquess, 23 March 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#2 Legacy22X

Legacy22X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

First of all you're gonna need to get your drive firmware back the original before modding it to 1.51.

If you have your original firmware saved then get your drive in mode b and open FWTB (firmware toolbox) and select "..." (browse) and then locate the original firmware you dumped before modding your hatachi. Then Tools-->Direct drive flash-->Differential flash(patch)

Doing that will restore to original firmware. Once it has original you can now download the 1.51 (if you already haven't) and flash that on to the drive using the same method I just said. Only now your firmware file you select will be directed to iXtreme 1.51 and then you would go to Tools-->Direct drive flash-->Differential flash(patch) It will ask you want to keep the key on the drive just select yes.

Good luck.

#3 TDWPjacquess

TDWPjacquess

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

Ok, thank you i have restored to original firmware, i now have hitachi firmware, but inside the folder is tones of files which one do i use.

Edited by TDWPjacquess, 23 March 2009 - 08:41 AM.

#4 TDWPjacquess

TDWPjacquess

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel
i have used this tutorial here, does this now mean i am flashed with firmware 1.51, if so is that all i need are all my safety features on my xbox now so i wont get band.

#5 Legacy22X

Legacy22X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

There is no 100% sure way of avoid being banned. There is only ways to decrease your chances. Several things you can do and should to decrease your chances are:

1. Have the newest firmware installed (currently 1.51)

2. Check your games with abgx and see if they're stealth patched and so on.

3. Don't play games online before release date.

Those are just a couple things you can do. Again, there is no 100% way of avoiding ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users