X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hi!

I've been trying(unsuccessfully!) to flash my box BENQ VAD6038 to 1.51 for many times now and nothing
worked (Magic method always fail, on DosFlash and JungleFlasher). I've flashed it with the Usb Key/DosFlash method 2 times in the past, and the same exact method isnt working.
So I guess it comes from the new firmware unlock method (Half way open tray). Im wondering
if some1 here can tell me how to achieve this with the drive connected on the xbox (i dont have CK3 switch).

Do I have to start the box, remove the DVD power cord, and put it back while the box running?
Or do I got to close the box, put the cord back and start the Xbox with the drive half way
open (but that makes the drive closing on xbox boot)?

I need some clues about his. Thx!

Edited by metaljulus, 23 March 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#2 ej2095+1

ej2095+1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(metaljulus @ Mar 23 2009, 05:24 PM) View Post

Hi!

I've been trying(unsuccessfully!) to flash my box BENQ VAD6038 to 1.51 for many times now and nothing
worked (Magic method always fail, on DosFlash and JungleFlasher). I've flashed it with the Usb Key/DosFlash method 2 times in the past, and the same exact method isnt working.
So I guess it comes from the new firmware unlock method (Half way open tray). Im wondering
if some1 here can tell me how to achieve this with the drive connected on the xbox (i dont have CK3 switch).

Do I have to start the box, remove the DVD power cord, and put it back while the box running?
Or do I got to close the box, put the cord back and start the Xbox with the drive half way
open (but that makes the drive closing on xbox boot)?

I need some clues about his. Thx!

Find and grab Iprep and set up from there lot easier! Make a bootable usb or floppy

#3 metaljulus

metaljulus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(ej2095+1 @ Mar 23 2009, 07:01 PM) View Post

Find and grab Iprep and set up from there lot easier! Make a bootable usb or floppy

Uh? I need some information on the Half Open Tray, to unlock the drive, because I just cant unlock
it, on DosFlash and JungleFlasher. There is certainly a change in that firmware on the unlock method, because like I said before, I've flashed succesfully 2 times this drive.

#4 metaljulus

metaljulus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

I finally succeeded and I wanna share it here.
I had to unlock the drive byu starting it tray half
closed, to get it in mode B. The tray doesnt need to stay open,
it just need to be open at the xbox boot. It worked like a charm
on DosFlash after. So thx to everyone that helped me on that one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users