2 replies to this topic

#1 ivansword420

ivansword420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

ok here i go. i have an elite 360. it had a liteon drive. i purchased a ms28 and had someone get the key from the liteon/all the other info, and flash the ms28 with the key and ixtreme 1.4. i want to be able to do this myself instead of purchasing a 'service'. i bought the connectivity kit v3 and probe today and already have the via 6421 card.

my question is: can i just remove the ms28 drive and flash the liteon drive (using the connectivity kit, jungleflasher)? i know the key i have is already 100%, and i have the files from when he extracted them for the ms28 flash. should i use the 'old' files or do i need to re-extract them from my liteon and then move forward? do i have to spoof it or will i be fine if i just flash it and stick it back in my xbox?

I looked around the forums for some time and was unable to find anything regarding this type of issue. i have read the new jungle flasher tutorial multiple times, and feel fairly confident i will be ok. i just need to ask here, as theres always someone who has done something like this, or has better advice. thanks in advance smile.gif

PS i previously posted this in the WRONG area of the 360 forums, more specifically in the software exploit and hardware area. if there is a mod out there, would you be so kind as to lock it or delete it altogether (in that area). i certainly appreciate it and apologize for the hassle.

#2 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

I recommend that you "dump" the files one more time, just in case.
But you will be just fine to follow the instructions for flashing the liteon with ix1.5, which is what you originally would have done had it been available to you. right?

I'd restore the ms28 to it's original firmware if you can, so you don't have a problem with it in the future. but it probly won't matter.

#3 ivansword420

ivansword420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:08 AM

yeah i would have flashed the liton originally, however at the time it wasnt an option. The big news then was being able to obtaint he key information from the drive. that was a breakthrough, and a pain. i paid to have it done but have since read a bunch, but never attempted. i have been told that the liteons are superior drives, and to flash that. thats why ill move away from the ms28. can i use the xbox modification 1.52 disk for this or should i use the 1.55 jungleflasher?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users