7 replies to this topic

#1 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

I posted a question not to along ago asking about hard drive troubles:

I recently modded my old xbox v1.0 with the X3 CE chip with x_3294 bios and everything went great. I bought a new Hard drive a WD Caviar Blue 160 GB (WD1600JBRTL) and installed it with no prob the box read it and i used disk tools in the bios to format and partition the drive again everything worked fined. My box was up and running for about a week until i brought it over to a friends house and when i took it home the box would not read the hdd and i would get the most hated 07 error screen. I tryed taking the hdd out and installing in my comp with no prob and formated the drive again hoping that a fresh start was all that was needed. However the box will not read it and it makes a very faint clicking noise my original stock hdd works fine and the bios boots up no prob. I may have not locked the WD drive after i added some new movies that i recently backed up but i have used the xbox several times with the drive unlocked with no prob, is that the problem? ANY AND ALL INPUT GREATLY APPRECIATED

I have tryed several different hard drives in my box to no avail. the only hard drive that will work is the stock seagate hd. after trying everything i decided to try to power the hard drive with the spare power cord from my comp and just connect the ide cable from the xbox. At this point i do not know if it is good that it worked or bad because it appears that the xbox does not have enough power or the voltage regulators are damaged. ANY KNOWLEDGE PLEASE SHARE. FROM WHAT THE XBOX VOLTAGE OUTPUT SHOULD BE FOR THE HD OR POTENTIAL FIXES

#2 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Sorry about double post the server was busy the first time i try to post and didnt think it made it up

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

error 07 + ticking hdd = it's dead.

If you just bought it new, visit the manufacturer's website and check the warranty status.
You may be able to have it exchanged for just the cost of shipping the broken hdd to them.

#4 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

That was going to be my next step but the hd works fine installed in my comp and when i power the hd with my comp and plug in the ide cable from the xbox everything works fine. x3_3294 bios boots up and i can use the disk utilities to partition the drive. Main problem appears to be a power issue if the xbox will boot with hd installed as long as the power comes from my comp.

#5 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

Just got done taking my multimeter to the power supply in the xbox and the problem appears more clearly. My red wire which is suppose to be +5V is only reading 4.3V. The yellow wire which is suppose to be +12V is only reading 10V. Why the original stock hd will work and none of my westerndigital will work is unknown to me perhaps its because the wd's are much larger. My xbox is a version 1 so anyone with a v1 could help me out alot here with a quick test of there Voltage outputs on the red and yellow cables on the HD power supply. NOTE THE TWO BLACK WIRES IN THE MIDDLE ARE GROUNDS SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO SHORT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

Ive got alot of requests today but can anyone tell me what the specs are for the power cable to a v1 xbox.
Specifically the Voltage, Wattage(if avail), Frequency(Hz), and Amps. SPECS SHOULD BE LOCATED ON THE ACTUAL WIRE ITSELF. THE END THAT PLUGS INTO XBOX USUALLY. THANX

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

You mean the power cable that goes to the mains supply?

7a 125v

And the rest just looks like serial numbers to me...

#8 OD420

OD420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

thanks Bloke. Ive come to the realization that i need a new power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users