8 replies to this topic

#1 markprice5

markprice5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

Hi,

I have tversity up and running, and it's working sweet streaming all my movies. The only thing that is nagging me is the cover art. All I get is that ugly generic picture next to te name of the movie in the video library. Is there any way to get the covr art next to the movie title through tversity? If not through tversity, is there any way to do it at all?

Cheers guys.

Mark

#2 bmengstrom

bmengstrom

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

As far as I know The answer is sadly NO..... I.ve tried everything except adding a pic at the begining of a movie.

#3 xplicit582

xplicit582

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

The only way is to use windows media center, with a plugin called videolibary.

#4 bmengstrom

bmengstrom

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

you dont have to use that plugin if you use windows media center. just put the pic and movie in the same folder and rename the pic to "folder.jpg" and the pic will represent your movie. but this does not work on the nxe dash.

#5 markprice5

markprice5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(bmengstrom @ Apr 15 2009, 07:22 PM) View Post

you dont have to use that plugin if you use windows media center. just put the pic and movie in the same folder and rename the pic to "folder.jpg" and the pic will represent your movie. but this does not work on the nxe dash.

Thanks for that, trouble is, media library does not stream as well as tveristy, ie. some files not recgnised. What do you think uninstall tversity?

It really bugs me theres no cover art, it looks untidy?

Maybe orb does it?

#6 bmengstrom

bmengstrom

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:35 AM

If all your looking for is a Nice Media Streaming device I suggest you use the original Xbox running XBMC.

I cannot get cover art using the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

#7 Kaisser74

Kaisser74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hello everyone.

Iīm very very interesting in this topic :-D

I will explain.

I have a xbox360 with a usb disk in HFS+ format. The video library is very,...., "sad" ? only have text. BUT If you copy a cover art into the usb disk and rename ever cover with the name of a video,....ufff, like this:

video1_name.wmv --> video1_name.jpg
video2_name.wmv --> video2_name.jpg

We will have a video library with cover arts. Text and picture. It isnīt a XBMC but it is more "human" biggrin.gif

BUT

If you have an ethernet disk like Lacie, W.Digital,.... (NAS) with a Media Server embed you will have probabily a problem.

In my case, I have a new W.D. MyBook (White Light) disk. Itīs great, itīs fast, itīs silent,...and it has a TWONKY MEDIA SERVER installed. (4.4.9). Well, when I open the media library in the 360 the cover arts are missing :'( :-( WHY ?? I donīt know.

How can I solve this problem??

I think that the problem is in the Twonky Server, it doesnīt stream video and photo simultaneosly, ... xbox doesnīt "capture" the thubmnail by ethernet,...., a problem with the "thumbnail.db" file, ....
I donīt know sad.gif

Itīs very important the covers, because the video library without them is very sad and poor.

I asked in the Twonky forumns and I didnīt have a answer.

I will like to know what need the xbox360 to paint the covers, ......

Excusme my english.

Thanks and regards!

#8 mdntblu

mdntblu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:36 AM

Yeah I have the same problem. I have Buffalo NAS and Twonky Media and my cover art isn't shown in xbox dashboard. Very annoying.

#9 mdntblu

mdntblu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:54 AM

I have a Buffalo NAS also and don't have Cover art. Anyone find a solution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users