whitefox4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

Let me explain the situation. I have my xbox, and another xbox from friend. I am upgrading the hard drive in my xbox and prepared that new drive and copied my friend's xbox which I softmodded using Mechassault game save exploit, and Auto Installer Deluxe, with evox dash. When I try to lock the new replacement drive using chimp, I supply the power of the new hard drive from an old computer's HD power cable, and switch the IDE from the xbox's DVD rom drive to the replacement set up as slave hard drive all while in Chimp. I was able to back it up, I am trying to lock it. I have my hddkey.txt from the original xbox which I need to lock that code into the replacement drive in order for it to work without getting an xbox error screen... I was just wondering where is the folder on my xbox for "/tmp/hddkey.txt" when trying to lock my new HD using Chimp's Xbox HD Locking Tools, when asked me to choose from 4 options: 1. Mobo 2. eeprom.bin 3.hdpass.txt 4.hddkey.txt

Where is "/tmp" when referring to Chimp? If I knew this, I could FTP my real key from my computer to my friend's xbox, which is capable of running chimp to lock my new drive... Where is /tmp?

Anybody know where to find /tmp on the hard drive location in reference to Chimp?

#2 whitefox4

whitefox4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

well it's official. I went and messed up both our xbox hard drives... crap. I tried this using config magic. First I updated the eeprom to match my old xbox and copied onto the slave drive... now neither one works.. oh man is there an xbox boot disc for mess ups like this or what? I am so screwed. please help!

#3 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

can you load aid on the xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users