• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PieOPah

PieOPah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have had my Elite for a while now and have deceided that it is time to flash it. I have been trying to read up on this but there is so much information....

From what I have worked out, both by the disc tray and the white wire, I have a BenQ drive.

I have found a tutorial on flashing this which basically starts with saying I need to unlock the drive or put it into vendor mode. How do I go about doing this? I have found other information that suggests cutting and soldering a switch (somethng I don't really want to be doing at this point!)

Could anybody please point me in the right direction to an up to date tutorial which contains the full procedure from start to finish - as though I had opened up my machine for the first time (I have a guide to opening up and have previously done this with an older machine).

Many thanks in advance.

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

Jungleflasher.pdf

#3 Biaz

Biaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

All 360 drives can be fixed by only using software. No more soldering and bricking for now smile.gif

I use DosFlash + firmtool from inside DOS, works really well! Only like 3 commandlines, that's all!

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(Biaz @ Mar 30 2009, 11:43 PM) View Post

All 360 drives can be fixed by only using software. No more soldering and bricking for now smile.gif

I use DosFlash + firmtool from inside DOS, works really well! Only like 3 commandlines, that's all!

Not Hitachi. If one of those get bricked then you will need to ether replace it or remove the tsop and program it with an external programmer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users