X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

First, some background info:

Xbox v1.5 (refurbished)
Xecuter X3CE
X3 3294 BIOS

The install went flawlessly. This was my third time modding an Xbox, but it was my first time using an X3 chip. I flashed bank 1234 (on, on, off, off) and loaded XBMC on the hard drive. It worked perfectly fine for three days under moderate usage, then today it started to frag. When I turn it on it immediately turns off, on, off, and then it stays on, but nothing displays on the screen and I get a green to red frag. If I turn all the switches to the 'off' position it will boot into the FlashBIOS v3.0.3 screen. If I turn any of the switches on it will frag. I have double-checked all of my solder points under a magnifying glass and I see no cold joints or lifted traces.

I tried to re-flash the BIOS by booting it up with all the switches set to 'off' and then (while still on) moving the top two switches to the 'on' position so I have bank 1234 selected, but as predicted that didn't work. It hanged half-way through. I know this is a common issue on these forums. I found several others who have similar issues, but none matched my problem exactly.

Thanks for reading my post and for any help you can provide.

-Adam

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

Have you tried the Team Xecuter support forums? Most of the answers that work seem to involve retouching the soldering even when the joints look fine, but it's worth reading / searching through them in case there's one that matches your specific problem.

Also, try booting with start+eject to get to flashbios, then put X2.5035 on banks 5+6 (on-off-on-off-off), and see if that boots.

#3 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

Sounds like pins 14 and/or 15. But retouch all the LPC points.

Does it boot with the chip disabled?

#4 Adamnp

Adamnp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

I haven't had a chance to reply in a few days, sorry.

@Heimdall - Your suggestion of booting on banks 5+6 and flashing with the X2.5035 BIOS worked! I can now get back into XBMC. Thank you very much!! I went ahead and re-touched up all the LPC points anyway, but it still frags when I try to boot from a 1mb bank. Any ideas what went wrong?

@XmodsUK - Thanks for your suggestion. It does boot with the chip disabled.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

Put X2.5035 on banks 1 and 2, and on banks 3 and 4, and make sure they boot - just to confirm that those banks work OK so we know it isn't a chip problem. If one works and the other doesn't, try flashing a couple of 256k BIOS (iND-BIOS.5003 and X2.4981) to each bank individually, see which banks work and which don't with each BIOS.

Then check the soldering on pins 13 and 14 thoroughly - X3 BIOSes use those pins to access the eeprom, whereas X2.5035 doesn't.

Then try X3.3294 on banks 1-4 and 5-8, see if the Xbox will boot.

#6 Adamnp

Adamnp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

Here are the latest developments:

After getting it running again by flashing banks 5+6 with the X2.5035 BIOS, the following day my Xbox stopped working, but this time with different symptoms. Now, it wont turn on or off by pressing the power button. Instead it turns on automatically the moment I plug in the power cord and I get error code 16. The Xecuter logo is also red indicating the mod chip is disabled. I'm about to take it back apart and start troubleshooting, I'll let you know what I find out.

-Adam

#7 Adamnp

Adamnp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

I believe I figured out my problem. It appears I nicked one of the wires with the soldering iron and it was causing a short. I patched the wire and all seems well.

Thank you for all your help, Heimdall. I appreciate it.

-Adam

#8 Evillvi

Evillvi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:40 AM

hey everyone...

my friend got an xbox he got off of craigslist that has a xecuter 2.6 chip in it. he said he wanted to take out the chip and softmod it instead. he took out the chip and put everything back in (hdd,dvd drive) he went to go turn it on and it power cyles twice followed by red/green frag. ive never messed with a modchip before as i prefer the softmod method of modding the xbox. i said id take a look at it but no promises. i took out the motherboard to see where the wires were soldiered to and i think i found a problem. the trace wire where you would soldier the d0 point to seems to be missing like it was pulled off. is that something that is required to install these chips? if not could that be the issue? is there a remedy? or is this xbox a paperweight now? any help is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users