cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

Ok, i crudely put together an Xboxhdm cd, managed after a lot of nuisance to get it to work! ran into a few probs with it but finally got it to work!

ive so far, got evox dashboard, and ftp accses to my xbox. i have a 40gb hdd, so not big, but would like to be able to run emulators and such off it!

BUT i have copies of the same files, like dahboard files and fonts ect, and liek the evox.ini and a bios folder, with for .bin files which i dont know what to do with. I have all of these files in both C and E partitions. Which one do they need to be in, so i can remove the not needed ones.

and also, in the dash settings, it cannot see my bios. it says bios unkown.

Again complete noob here, do i need to update my bios? or what? ive looked through the evox dash and cant find any apps or anythign to do so, also theres nothign on locking/unlokcing my hdd, or can i not do this since i have no chip?

Basically, do i just have a custom dash? can i intall apps, emulators, and backup soem of my games to hdd?

Any help or links to tutorials that can help me would be very greatly appreciated, and if anyone could even run me through a few things if they have tim it would be great, since i think i migth have a few problems with how i got to the evox dash in the first place!

#2 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

you could just download AID(auto installer disc)which has all the apps and emus you could need.

#3 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

Will this acually softmod my xbox? And update any bios, if i need to?
As all i have atm is the evox dash, i think anyway

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

If you're running Evox your Xbox is already modded.

Which softmod did you use?

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2009 - 01:45 AM.

#5 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:52 AM

Well its abit complicated, ill tell you the whoel story.

First tried to hotswap my stock hdd, using Xboxhdm 1.9, with files from UXE-complete. Well i done somethign wrong and wrecked the hdd.

Not wanting to give up, i built an eeprom reader, and managed to backup my eeprom from my xbox, i then thougth why nto use a igeer hdd, so i used the same XBOXhdm cd to install fatx partitions on my new hdd, and lock it with teh eeprom, bu then had error 16, so not really sure of what i needed i downloaded an evox dash, and copied it into E and C drives, and also copied teh files XBOX.xtf and XBOX Book.xtf and a folder called xboxdahs dadte soemthing from a random C system folder i downloaded

This allowed me too boot into the evox dash, but now im stuck to, what files i didnt need to put in both E and C, why does my bios show up as unkown, and do i neeed to/can i update them on a softmod, and how to i go about installing apps and emultors through FTP or CD/DVD

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

What a mess!!

Get hold of CASH, use it to update your softmod to Krayzie 1.1.1. Once that's done things will get a whole lot easier - and more stable.

#7 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

Ok will do!

One last question, what is CASH? a quick cash xbox google didnt make much sense to me.

And to update a softmod, can i find a tut on that? Or do i just re-install my xbox hdd with teh new softmod?

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

CASH - Cerealkilla's Automated Softmod Helper. It updates the softmod for you - no need to rebuild or reinstall the disk.

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2009 - 02:06 AM.

#9 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

Um run into a bit off trouble

Burned CASH to a DVD-rw, and it didnt read, so burnt it to a CD-r. put it in xbox and went to the top launchCD menue item.

it then just takes me to a evolution x dashboard, different to my first, so has a new skin for some reason, it only has menue options of

msdash, reboot, power off, settings and backup.

Msdash when chosen takes me back to previous dash
and settings are the same as teh last dash, just must be a diff .ini files as some are changed.

So how will i actually run the CHASE CD, as im very puzzled since i followd the readme's very carefully.

EDIT>:ok the two diff ddashes are different, not jsut dofferent skins.

Edited by cazamodo, 04 April 2009 - 01:31 PM.

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

It's not reading the CASH disc, it's booting a rescue dash, or some other dash. The screen you see should look like the one in the CASH manual. Try burning the iso to a DVD-R, as that seems to be the most universally readable.

Edit: Hang on, just re-read your post. Try putting the disc in the drive, turn the Xbox off, then turn it on again with the disc already in the DVD drive.

Once you get it booting, you need to:

- select Item 1 (Save BIOS / EEPROM (XBOX C:\backup))
- ftp the eeprom backup to your PC for safe keeping
- select Item 5B (Stock+Ndure v1.1.1 NTSC Gamesaves) or 5C (Stock+Ndure v1.1.1 PAL Gamesaves) depending on whether you are in a PAL or an NTSC country
- select Item 5D (Run Ndure v1.1.1 Installer Now)

Pick Unleashx as your dashboard rather than Evox.

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2009 - 02:29 PM.

#11 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Ive tried booting with the dvd in the xbox drive aswell, it either takes me to the msplash logo, then after about a min the microsoft pops up, and my hdd makes some wierd like spinnign sounds as if its struggling to read.

Thsi happened when i first softmodded aswell, i coudl only boot to evox by pressing the eject button.

I think it may be a problem with the CASH i have, or the media i have.

I tried burning it to the same CD-rw that i had xboxhdm on, as i know that disk worked, but the files do nto show up when i explore the disk on my pc, same when i burned the iso to DVD. I use alcahol 120%, and had no problems with it before, btu surley i shoudl be able to explore the disk on my pc, and see the iso?

EDIT: Just tried the DVD in teh xbox again, just noticed it displays disk info in the top right corner. It goes from open, to checking, then when the disk is read its labbeled as EVOX CD!
This explains why its booting a basic EVOX dash i guess, so it must be a problem with the media or file im bruning.

And ok, just tried again now it says unkown

EDIT2: Would it be an option for me to grab the stock system files from the CASH disk, and re-build my hdd with xboxhdm, as i have no data on it i need atm, and have my eeprom backed up on pc. Then i would have a clean hdd. Although i would need to install a softmod on it to allow me to boot a dash.
IOr do you think the problem lies with the media im using rather than the mess of my hdd.

Edited by cazamodo, 04 April 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

Just because your PC will boot a CD-RW doesn't mean the disc will work in an Xbox...... The problem is your media, or your Xbox DVD drive, or a combination of the two. The Xbox DVD drive is very picky.

If you can't get CASH to boot then rebuilding your disk with xboxhdm is probably the best idea. You can use it to install the softmod at the same time as you rebuild the disk.

First you need to make a Kingroach NDURE 3.1 file set. The instructions are really straightforward, the only option you need to change from the default is your kernel version. Don't be tempted to fiddle with any other options.

Build your xboxhdm disc using the stock C from Slayers / AID, and the Kingroach NDURE 3.1 files you just made. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Put eeprom.bin in /linux/eeprom/

Boot with xboxhdm, select option 4 and type unlockhd -a to unlock the disk. Reboot the PC with xboxhdm again, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1. Exit the ndure script. Reboot the PC, select option 4 and type lockhd -a to lock the disk.

#13 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

ok

I downloaded Ndure 3.1
went through it, and teh onyl thing i changed was to select my kernel version.

it then extracted and gave me fodlerc C and E. I went to the linux folder in xbohdm, created a folder called ndure, then copied the ndures C and E.

so i have liek you said
linux/c
linux/e
then
linux/ndure c/e respectively

made teh iso burned it ran it, creatred new C

went into xborwoser, and for teh life of me coudlent find the ndure script

so repeated the whole process and then something, not sure what botoed when i got to teh ndure part, had 3 steps, got to teh second of copying files and cant rememebr teh exact path but

CD/linux/ndure/E or C/ NKP11/* file or dircetory nto found

think that it
btu then just took me back to xbrowser

#14 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

You have to put the ndure script in /linux/ndure/ before you build the CD. Easiest way to get hold of it is to rerun Kingroach and select that option (Create XBOXHDM Installer), then rename ndure.htm to ndure - no extension.

Then start over as described in my previous post.

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2009 - 07:06 PM.

#15 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

I still get the error that a file in Nkp11 or i think its that folder, is missing, yet there is nothin in teh origional folder even when freshly installed using ndure 3.1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users