• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, FootBall, WOW,Modding, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

Sup,
So wife wanted to get a dvd player for the bedroom, I was like lets check out craigslist see what we find. Well I find a "broken Xbox" for 15 bucks. Well The xbox power button didn't work, it would power-on as soon as you plugged in the power cord. So the trace leads were corroded, I repaired them thanks to a Tut I found here. (Xbox-Scene for the win!) Then I replaced the DVD drive with a Hp DVD-rom I had, with a Tut I found here on XS . (AGAIN! Xbox-Scene for the win!) I had the top of the case off, I went to hook the xbox to the tv in my bedroom and I dropped theAV cables from my Directv box right onto my power supply. I heard a pop from my directv box and my xbox won't power up. I tried the power plug from my other xbox and no go. When I hit the power I hear a couple of very low short beeps and thats it. It's a V1.0 and it has a Minebea Power supply. Any Idea's?
Thanks
BTW Directv Box is done. it powers up but no video output what so ever. ( I know, I'm a genius)

#2 whitefox4

whitefox4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

wow i hear that! I'm having a same problem can you point me to the tutorial about the loose power leads on the board? Mine is starting to fry and smells when it's powered on. Almost about to go out. What did you do?

#3 Galvatron898

Galvatron898

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, FootBall, WOW,Modding, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

Sup,
First thing ya wana try is to clean the trace leads with pure alcohol. Here is where I found the guides I used. Xbox-Scene Guides If thats not what your looking from try the search engine in the top right corner of this page thats I found most everything.
GoodLuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users