• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prostuff1

prostuff1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

I used the instructions here to softmod my xbox.

I have done some reading on here and can't really find the best way to do this. I want the unleash X dash to be replaced by the EvoX dash. I assume that all the features that exist in the unleash X dash are in the EvoX dash.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Not a good assumption - UnleashX has more features (like a file manager, gamesave manager, text editor, ftp client), and is generally a better dash - the only things that it can't do directly that Evox can are backup the eeprom, and lock / unlock the disk. The first you only do once, the second can be dangerous on a softmod Xbox.

If you do want to change it, the dash on a Kingroach softmod is E:\Dash\default.xbe, so to change it just rename evox.xbe to default.xbe and copy it and evox.ini to E:\Dash\

You could try Evox first to see which you prefer - just rename it default.xbe, and install it (with its ini file) in E:\Apps\Evox\, then run it as an app from UnleashX.

#3 prostuff1

prostuff1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 5 2009, 04:22 PM) View Post

Not a good assumption - UnleashX has more features (like a file manager, gamesave manager, text editor, ftp client), and is generally a better dash - the only things that it can't do directly that Evox can are backup the eeprom, and lock / unlock the disk. The first you only do once, the second can be dangerous on a softmod Xbox.

If you do want to change it, the dash on a Kingroach softmod is E:\Dash\default.xbe, so to change it just rename evox.xbe to default.xbe and copy it and evox.ini to E:\Dash\

You could try Evox first to see which you prefer - just rename it default.xbe, and install it (with its ini file) in E:\Apps\Evox\, then run it as an app from UnleashX.

Thank you very much for the quick tutorial. I will take your advice and run it as an App first and see if i like it.

I like the features of the unleashX dash but it is not the prettiest looking. Is there any way to change that? If so that would be great. I guess i basically want a skin for the unleashX dashboard.

If there is not a way to skin it then are there any other dashboards that you recommend?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

There are loads of skins available for UnleashX. It comes with some as part of the package, then there are hundreds more here.

As for other dashboards, the only other one I'd consider is XBMC, but again try it as an app first.

#5 prostuff1

prostuff1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 5 2009, 04:45 PM) View Post

There are loads of skins available for UnleashX. It comes with some as part of the package, then there are hundreds more here.

As for other dashboards, the only other one I'd consider is XBMC, but again try it as an app first.

Thanks for the link I will be sure to check it out!!

I do have XBMC installed and up and running as I type. I like it as an app better then using it as the main dashboard.

Thanks for the quick replies and all the help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users