• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mplayer254

mplayer254

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Is there any possibility of a PM themed skin being made for Evolution X? I love th elook of PM and have almost all my other skinnable Apps set up with it for a uniform look. I would just switch to XBMC as my main dash as I use it constantly, but I like the simplicity of the evox.ini configuration and having IGR (softmod on all three boxes). Anyway, I have tried to make one myself but I suck at photoshop and just can't get one that looks decent. Any chance of a simple PM style skin for us Evox users?

#2 Excalibur007

Excalibur007

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing Games, Guitar, Trumpet, Weightlifting, Rollerblading, Skiing, Drawing.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hi,
I know this post is a bit old, but I've not had internet for a good while and I'm just now trying to catch up on some reading. I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here's a skin I just finished putting together for you. You won't be able to get EvoX to look TOO much like PM3 because EvoX is very limited in its interface. The best you can do is to put together a clean screen of a few PM3 graphics.

I haven't spent time on a loading screen yet, so it's just got a standard XBox logo, but to me, it's the interface screen that's the most important anyway. If you want a PM3'ish loading screen, I can come up with something.

This was made to line up well on a standard def TV, so no worrying about parts of the screen being cut off. There's an image in there with a slightly transparent gray background and one with a solid background. I've got the transparent one as the default, but if you don't like it, just change the names of the jpg's. I've edited the gray background in my XBMC PM3 skin to be slightly transparent and I think it looks really good. I highly recommend it.

I didn't spend much time on the EvolutionX logo because I just got tired and kinda liked it as it was. I had planned to do a lot more with it. to gloss it up. Anyway, here it is. If you like it, let me know... if you don't, let me know.

EvoX PM3 Skin

IPB Image

-Ex

#3 Excalibur007

Excalibur007

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing Games, Guitar, Trumpet, Weightlifting, Rollerblading, Skiing, Drawing.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Here's a couple more variations:

If you prefer the classic PM3 style logo, you can use one of these backgrounds instead. One displays only system information on the screen and the other displays system info and space of drives E & F. Of course, if you prefer different info than that, simply edit the ini file to replace the current info with what you want. A quick look at it in notepad makes it pretty self explanatory.

Downloads and pics below:

Less Info:

IPB Image

More Info:

IPB Image

-Ex

Edited by 1hotjob, 25 June 2009 - 01:31 AM.

#4 Excalibur007

Excalibur007

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

I went ahead and spruced up the EvolutionX logo on the standard EvoX PM3 skin, added solid gray background variations to the other two alternate skins and made a loading screen for them. I've combined the 3 versions of the skin into 1 rar file, so if you download the one in my 1st post, you get all three and they are the most current/finished versions. I've removed the downloads to the other 2 variants since they are now combined into one file, so those last 2 links in my 2nd post are dead.

If a mod happens upon this thread and wouldn't mind editing my 2nd post to remove those download links (but leave the images), I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,
-Ex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users