4 replies to this topic

#1 ricardorn06

ricardorn06

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

hey everyone!
i have recently modded my xbox and everything works great! ; ) the only thing that really sucks is the original hard drive it just doesnt have enought memory to back up anyting to the hdd!
so that being the case, i was wondering if its possible to clone the original xbox hdd to another hdd using acronis true image( using a PC to do all this) i have clone pc hardrive using this software, but i dont know if its possible to clone the xbox hdd.
Has anyone tried it??

#2 Galvatron898

Galvatron898

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, FootBall, WOW,Modding, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

The Issue your going to have is the locking and unlocking of the HD . The Xbox HD's "Lock" to the respective mother board its asigned to. you can do and HD upgrade there are a good amount of Guides on how to do it Here in the TUT Section
GL

#3 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Galvatron898 @ Apr 12 2009, 11:46 AM) View Post

The Issue your going to have is the locking and unlocking of the HD . The Xbox HD's "Lock" to the respective mother board its asigned to. you can do and HD upgrade there are a good amount of Guides on how to do it Here in the TUT Section
GL

Well the locking/unlocking procedure would be after the cloning is complete, if it is possible to do on a PC to begin with.

Once the drive is cloned, you could use XboxHDM as usual to lock it to the respective mo'bo.

At a glance, I'd guess that acronis could not clone the drive because of Xbox's weird file type system FATX. There might be problems with that, but then again I'm not totally sure.

You could give it a shot, worse case scenario you wasted your time and you have to re-format the destination hard drive.

A sure-fire way to go is to just use XboxHDM like most/all the tutorials you'll find will tell you to do. its not hard to do at all if you follow the directions. I've done it with success before

Here's a solid tut I've used before:
http://www.se7ensins...ng-xboxhdm.html

happy modding

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(GoTeamScotch @ Apr 12 2009, 03:03 AM) View Post

Well the locking/unlocking procedure would be after the cloning is complete, if it is possible to do on a PC to begin with.

well unlocking the source drive could be an issue

as for cloning, if you can do it in raw mode (so it clones bit by bit and just ignores the filesystem) it will work, i know ghost can do this, id be surprised if acronis cant, however the procedure is notoriously long, since you have a stock HD you might be better off just FTPing

#5 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Apr 12 2009, 04:15 AM) View Post

well unlocking the source drive could be an issue
as for cloning, if you can do it in raw mode (so it clones bit by bit and just ignores the filesystem) it will work, i know ghost can do this, id be surprised if acronis cant, however the procedure is notoriously long, since you have a stock HD you might be better off just FTPing

haha geez. can't a guy just sound smart?
Whats this world coming to with its FACTS and PROPER PROCEDURES. Bah!

Jk. thx for clearing that up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users