82ndAirborne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Emulation/FBA/NEOGEO
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Alright so i have an xbox, Recently My 300gig Drive just died and i have no back up files of anything of the old xbox,

I was wondering if im screwed without having the eebrom.bin w/e it is? or other files? because i have a spare 500HDD i would like to put it.. but i have no idea how or what to do, i did open the box up and dissembled it, took out the broken harddrive..

so my question is, Is it possible to just install the new xbox HDD without needing the old stuff?

BTW

XBOX is already modded with an EVOX, Model number i cant recall but it was middle of number or something..

i hope i dont get flamed , i did try to search for other similar topics but i guess i couldnt find anything that related to my problem =/..

Thanks in advance,

US ARMY AIRBORNE - 82nd D,11b, 2-325, E4 Joseph Callo

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

How is your Xbox modded - softmod, TSOP, or chip? If it's softmodded you need to build an eeprom reader to get the eeprom from the motherboard, if it's chipped or flashed then you can rebuild the new hard drive by booting the Xbox with a boot disc.

#3 82ndAirborne

82ndAirborne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 10 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post

How is your Xbox modded - softmod, TSOP, or chip? If it's softmodded you need to build an eeprom reader to get the eeprom from the motherboard, if it's chipped or flashed then you can rebuild the new hard drive by booting the Xbox with a boot disc.

um its hardmodded with a chip, friend made it for me.. ive been trying to get this thing to work.. but all the sites say i need a action replay some others say i need eeprom something.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

If it's chipped then you need a copy of Slayers. Put the new disk in the Xbox, cold boot with Slayers, and follow the instructions to build a retail drive. Then install XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the F and G partitions.

#5 82ndAirborne

82ndAirborne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 10 2009, 07:33 PM) View Post

If it's chipped then you need a copy of Slayers. Put the new disk in the Xbox, cold boot with Slayers, and follow the instructions to build a retail drive. Then install XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the F and G partitions.

could you give me a possible torrent link or website url?

i just downloaded Auto Installer Deluxe, does that work or is slayer the best? for it?

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

The Google link is all that's allowed...... but it's there if you look.

AID will work as well. Use Modchip One Click Install - Setup with UnleashX Dash. If you have AID 4.40 then you can use Advanced Options - XBPartitioner to format the F and G partition. If you have an older version of AID then you need to download XBPartitioner 1.1 and use that to format F and G.

#7 82ndAirborne

82ndAirborne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 10 2009, 07:52 PM) View Post

The Google link is all that's allowed...... but it's there if you look.

AID will work as well. Use Modchip One Click Install - Setup with UnleashX Dash. If you have AID 4.40 then you can use Advanced Options - XBPartitioner to format the F and G partition. If you have an older version of AID then you need to download XBPartitioner 1.1 and use that to format F and G.

Thank you sir, You've made alot of soldiers happy =) we're going threw the process.

we clicked on the modchip one click install, and next is xbpartitioner, which is located in the same drive? or once we fire up the xbox?

btw we're naming it after you lol no joke.. Himdall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users