#1 Mixpower

Mixpower

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hey all,

I have a question.

I extracted my EEPROM from my xbox using an eeprom reader and write it to a bin file.
Next i unlocked my harddisk using hd maker and unlock tools and then rebooted,
the harddisk was now unlocked and i build a disk from scratch using an download ms-c backup.
It was all going fine and the building was complete and i shutdown my pc and reboot to re-lock my harddisk using hd unlock tools but then i see my harddisk is already locked ?
I didn't do that and when i boot it up in my xbox i get an Error 6, so after some searching i found out i could unlock it using atapwd so i did using the master password "XBOXSCENE" now it was unlocked. I disabled the lock and everything so now it was unlocked, i shutdown my pc again and boot it up again i want to build a new disk and i see my disk is still locked ?
So i thought lets reboot and try unlocking the disk again so i started atapwd and used the master password "XBOXSCENE" again but now the disk doesn't accept it!

So the problem i have is that i have an locked xbox hd and no clue how to unlock it again, it doesn't unlock using the EEPROM.BIN or manually typing in the key and using an master password doesn't work anymore either.
Does anyone knows an solution to this problem and how to unlock this disk again ?

Thanks!

Mixpower

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

What type of hdd is it. some can be forced to unlock. The hardest to do is the stock slim seagate drive

#3 Mixpower

Mixpower

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

It's an WDC WD80EB-28CGH2 (Western Digital)

Edited by Mixpower, 10 April 2009 - 06:22 PM.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

http://www.llamma.co.....ard Drive.htm

give that a try. if the drive disappears from the list then it is erasing and just let it run for a few minutes on a drive thats in good shape I have done it in about 5mins.

#5 Mixpower

Mixpower

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Thanks i'll try that, it's gona flash the drive with new firmware does that work with my Western Digital ?

#6 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

no read dont a little you have to do the erase prepare erase part

#7 Mixpower

Mixpower

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks, i tried that but it doesn't accept the master password!
I still get "command rejected by drive"

Any other solutions that might work ?

Thanks!

Edited by Mixpower, 10 April 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#8 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:16 AM

That code is only for drives that haven't had their codes messed with since they left the factory.

Note that when the console boots up, it opens the lock on the drive, but doesn't remove it. It automatically clicks shut again the next time the drive powers up (and so needs to be opened once more). My first assumption was that you'd been mimicking this process on your PC (unlocking the drive while leaving the lock in place), but that doesn't explain why the code is changing... I've got no idea why that would be happening, assuming you've only done what you've stated you've done.

It doesn't make sense and I can't think of anything to try, other then this, which should work but is not free.

#9 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

try using xboxscene as the password. the method does work i have done it alot in fact i am gonna try another in a couple minutes.

if you cant get it unlocked pm me and i can either get you another hdd or put an hdd in your xbox really cheap

Edited by steveo1978, 11 April 2009 - 05:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users