• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Atiberious

Atiberious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

I soft modded my xbox with evox then installed XBMC as my dashboard. Now i want to upgrade my hdd to 500gig. I read that i need a different bios for that much memory. Is that true? If so what bios do i need?

I already have everything ready to tunr my 500hdd into an xbox hdd I just wanted to make sure about this first.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Recent softmods don't load a BIOS in the way you're implying, so you can't change the BIOS. The softmod alters the stock MS BIOS in memory to provide all the features of a hacked BIOS, and so long as you used a good (new) softmod like Krayzie or Kingroach it will support LBA48, which gives you large disk support. Which softmod did you use?

#3 Atiberious

Atiberious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

Oh i see. Um I softmodded mine just like 2 months ago with the latest unleashed (I think thats what it was called)
Is that one fine?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

UnleashX is a dashboard, not a softmod package. If you used a gamesave the softmod package will probably be Krayzie or SID. The documentation that came with the softmod when you downloaded it (a txt file or a pdf) will tell you which softmod it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users