• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robert.juric

robert.juric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

I decided to resurrect my old modded xbox. I have v1.6 box with the LPC rebuilt for the Aladdin XT 4032. I was wondering what my upgrade options are? I have a pin header installed, can I upgrade to the newer 4064 for LCD support without a major rewire? Is it possible to go back and add a switch to turn off the mod-chip if I didn't add it when I originally rebuilt the LPC? Also is it possible to use a different mod-chip entirely, or are LPC rebuilds chip-dependent?

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

You can Add any of the Aladdin range or better still a DuoX 2. the rebuild will work for these no problem. The Duo would give you 2 banks + on/off switching of the chip. You can add on/off to your Aladdin by simply hooking in the BT wire and making sure Mobo D0 is connected to Chip D0

#3 robert.juric

robert.juric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

Could you explain that about the BT? Would this require a switch? Is the chip D0 wired through the pin header or do I have to put a wire from the chip to the mobo?

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

The motherboard D0 will already have a wire soldered to it. It is most probably at the moment soldered to an earth point (Ring round screwhole). The wire needs taking off the earth point and soldering to the D0 point on the chip.
The BT point on the chip needs a wire soldering to it and then to the BT point on the motherboard.
I can look up the exact point..been a few years now. This way you simply use a quick press of the power buttton or a 4 second push. This enable the chip or disables the chip.
The other method is to fit an external make/break switch into the wire from the D0 on the motherboard to the earth point.

#5 robert.juric

robert.juric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:44 AM

Ahhh I remember what I did now. I did not connect the D0 to anything, cut the LFrame trace, and grounded the chip BT to make it an always on. I guess my question now is, what purpose do BT, L1, and HD server, and can I still use that functionality?

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

You would have to reconnect the LFrame in order to use BT for on switching. L1 changes the colour of the eject LED when the chip is enabled.

#7 robert.juric

robert.juric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:13 AM

Thanks for the great info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users