Photo

Modded Xbox No Longer Plays Original Games.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djbea

djbea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

I modded my first Hitachi drive the other day for a friend. It was a Hitachi 47 and I got a call today that it no longer plays the original games though the back ups play fine. I never thought to test originals after I flashed the drive but I did test one before I flashed it as it was a RROD repair as well.

Going to get it from him tomorrow to look at it and see if I can figure out the problem. I also asked him to bring me the games he was having trouble with as my only thought is that it is the games themselves or the lens on the drive.

Any thoughts on what it may be or what I should look for when I get it?

On a side note I flashed it with JF and at the end it said that the flash had failed. Scared me cause I thought I bricked it but then I threw a backup game in and it worked so I just figured that it must have been a false statement.

#2 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:45 AM

if it plays backups then shouldnt be a problem playing originals
strange
if it didnt play either i would have said that the drive key is incorrect but not the case
maybe dump and restore and flash again to be sure
make sure you have a copy of original firmware to restore if not use one out of the hitachi folder and inject key into it and use that as HIT-OFW.bin file
if it has said flash failed quite possible some data didnt quite copy over when flashing remember to spoof to target when creating hacked firmware

#3 djbea

djbea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(hardie @ Apr 17 2009, 12:21 AM) View Post

if it plays backups then shouldnt be a problem playing originals
strange
if it didnt play either i would have said that the drive key is incorrect but not the case
maybe dump and restore and flash again to be sure
make sure you have a copy of original firmware to restore if not use one out of the hitachi folder and inject key into it and use that as HIT-OFW.bin file
if it has said flash failed quite possible some data didn't quite copy over when flashing remember to spoof to target when creating hacked firmware

I have the OFW and the key looks fine so I should be good. I was so shocked when I got that phone call. I have never heard of it happening before.

#4 Heart Skull Kid

Heart Skull Kid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

My drive started doing this several weeks ago so I feel like it's a laser issue but I am not sure.

#5 insanityforall

insanityforall

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

Add me to the list of people with a console that will only play backups.
I know it's not the laser, I just replaced it with a brand spanking new one I had to remove the solder off of it myself. In my case I think it's the firmware being corrupt.

It was originally a Hitachi 46 running Ix1.5 I bricked it restoring it. So I spoofed a blank Sammy with the CFW from the hitachi46 (Don't have the original mad.gif ) into a ix-151 stock blank bin from the jf library. It flashed without any errors, (kept getting random error counts in DosFlash32?) And wullah! I now have a console that will only play backups, I'm scared to take it online since it can't read my originals, and I fear if the bin is corrupted M$ may be able to detect it.

Any pro's got any ideas, on how we can fix our consoles?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users