• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Filli003

Filli003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

So I'm wondering if anybody knows a way to unfreeze a hitachi 0047DJ drive or any other drive for that matter via usb to sata adaptor. I only have a laptop to flash and my home comp is a Mac so no luck flashing there. I've tried dosflash and l o erase.exe and still can't seem to find my drive. I know its not bricked just froze and i've been looking for hrs and tried multiple methods can't seem to get it. So if anybody could point me in the right direction you would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(Filli003 @ Apr 20 2009, 06:04 AM) View Post

So I'm wondering if anybody knows a way to unfreeze a hitachi 0047DJ drive or any other drive for that matter via usb to sata adaptor. I only have a laptop to flash and my home comp is a Mac so no luck flashing there. I've tried dosflash and l o erase.exe and still can't seem to find my drive. I know its not bricked just froze and i've been looking for hrs and tried multiple methods can't seem to get it. So if anybody could point me in the right direction you would be greatly appreciated.

well you should start be readiing a good tutorial. You don't use l o erase.exe(lite-on erase) or dosflash. You should be using either jungleflasher or firmware toolbox(a little out of date). So do a search for jungleflasher and read the tutorials then try to do it.

#3 Filli003

Filli003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(ruley @ Apr 20 2009, 12:27 AM) View Post

well you should start be readiing a good tutorial. You don't use l o erase.exe(lite-on erase) or dosflash. You should be using either jungleflasher or firmware toolbox(a little out of date). So do a search for jungleflasher and read the tutorials then try to do it.

I've flashed it once before using Firmware toolbox as far as I know thats the only thing i can really use to flash via the usb to sata adaptor. I was reflashing it with the newer firmware ixtreme1.51. I didn't think jungleflasher could flash with the usb to sata cable? But problem is I had a bad flash with FWtoolbox and now i can't get my drive to be detected anymore to reflash. I used slaxcd before to get my drive into ModeB but now its not detecting it and giving me errors with the Dmesg command.
I just don't know how to get my drive unfroze with this usb adaptor.

#4 jp35

jp35

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(Filli003 @ Apr 19 2009, 06:21 PM) View Post

I've flashed it once before using Firmware toolbox as far as I know thats the only thing i can really use to flash via the usb to sata adaptor. I was reflashing it with the newer firmware ixtreme1.51. I didn't think jungleflasher could flash with the usb to sata cable? But problem is I had a bad flash with FWtoolbox and now i can't get my drive to be detected anymore to reflash. I used slaxcd before to get my drive into ModeB but now its not detecting it and giving me errors with the Dmesg command.
I just don't know how to get my drive unfroze with this usb adaptor.

your drive is probably bricked now do you have a backup of your original firmware ? if not you will need an external programmer to get the key

Edited by jp35, 20 April 2009 - 06:02 AM.

#5 Filli003

Filli003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(jp35 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:49 AM) View Post

your drive is probably bricked now do you have a backup of your original firmware ? if not you will need an external programmer to get the key

I don't think my drive is bricked its frozen like some of the other forums mentioned. The xbox flashes green like its in mode B but its undetectable by the computer to reflash. I have bricked a drive before because my computer froze before the flash was complete and it acted much different than this one. This one finished flashing but failed on sector E3000 or something and I skipped the error and let it continue. But for your question yea luckily I have a like 5 backups of my original FW I wasn't going to have the hassle of that so I even think I have them on 2 separate usb's if need be.
I appreciate the replies I'm still trying to figure it out I think I might just end up having to fork up the money and replace the drive though.

Edited by Filli003, 20 April 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#6 turny

turny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(Filli003 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:29 PM) View Post

I don't think my drive is bricked its frozen like some of the other forums mentioned. The xbox flashes green like its in mode B but its undetectable by the computer to reflash. I have bricked a drive before because my computer froze before the flash was complete and it acted much different than this one. This one finished flashing but failed on sector E3000 or something and I skipped the error and let it continue. But for your question yea luckily I have a like 5 backups of my original FW I wasn't going to have the hassle of that so I even think I have them on 2 separate usb's if need be.
I appreciate the replies I'm still trying to figure it out I think I might just end up having to fork up the money and replace the drive though.
its a hitachi its bricked they only freeze in the freezer ,tsop removal and willem programmer only way to recover drive , its not worth the effort , luckily you have your firmware so buy a new sammy and spoof it with your hitachi firmware that way you getting a better drive.In the uk new drive 20 , tsop programmer 30.

Edited by turny, 20 April 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#7 Filli003

Filli003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(turny @ Apr 20 2009, 09:06 PM) View Post

its a hitachi its bricked they only freeze in the freezer ,tsop removal and willem programmer only way to recover drive , its not worth the effort , luckily you have your firmware so buy a new sammy and spoof it with your hitachi firmware that way you getting a better drive.In the uk new drive 20 , tsop programmer 30.

I appreciate the reply I'm with you on the hassle part I've spent the whole wkend researching this thing to no avail. I'll try to find a DVDdrive in the states and start over again. I made the dumb mistake of ordering a new one from Japan once and it took a month to get here. Once again thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users