• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fleaflicker2006

fleaflicker2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

Could someone walk me through finding a new evx.ini file, how to extract it and where to put it once I get it. I've read other posts that say to put it in my E: folder under the dashboard but I don't see that folder in E: or in C:. -thanks

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

You put it in the same place as your evoxdash.xbe. Depending on how your Xbox is modded it could be in C:\, or E:\Dash\, or E:\Dashboard\, or F:\, and it could be called default.xbe, or evoxdash.xbe, or something else.

You can get a vanilla evox.ini with the dash from the usual places. There's a sample in this thread, plus links to a guide that will get you started with customising it to your needs - or even making your own from scratch.

Edited by Heimdall, 21 April 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#3 fleaflicker2006

fleaflicker2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:37 AM

I have found my evox.ini file on my xbox, I was told it may be no good since I am only getting a few menu items on the dashboard, I also have a replacement evox.ini file but I'm afraid too pull the trigger and overwrite my old one, as i said before I'm a novice big time. The new one has flash, bios, format info in it, my original has none of that just the basic settings. Not sure what to do.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

It might be that your evox.ini is corrupt, or your dash is missing altogether and your Xbox is booting the rescue dash. Make sure you can cold boot a rescue disc so you can recover if something goes wrong, then just overwrite the existing evox.ini. If it goes wrong just boot with the rescue disc and try again.

#5 fleaflicker2006

fleaflicker2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:06 AM

i have my original evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe..would it be okay to copy and paste what my original has and also the new one underneath it here so you could see it? - thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users