16 replies to this topic

#1 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hey guys,

I've been trying to flash my Lite-on 16D2S for about 3 days now. Let me start off with what really happened.
Firstly I build a homemade spear (I removed the pin 3 from the power cable to dvd drive, so as a result the dvd tray remains half open) smile.gif .. followed the instructions posted on this forum and got the key via DVDkey32. It returned as a good key.

I opened up Jungle Flasher, did all that was required like loaded the Dummy.bin, Loaded the ixtreme(liteon), spoofed on target and created the modified firmware(Lite_CFW.bin) n then went over to MTKFlash.

The moment I clicked on "Liteon-Erase"...i got 2 warnings and went ahead. After a while, I got a message sayin tat the intro failed or something and then the comp hung up...Tried it for another 2-3 times but no luck..Tried it in DosFlash32 but it couldnt recognize the drive...

So i went about creating a boot Cd with dosflash.exe(1.7), dosflash.typ, l-o-eras.exe and Lite_CFW.bin (since my pc doesnt support USB boot sad.gif ) and booted to DOS.

At prompt I ran l-o-eras.exe B800 (B800 being my SATA port)...tried it till it displayed FFF72.

With the tray still half open I switched off n back on the Xbox. There are only 2 cables running to the lite-on...one from my VIA 6241 and the other the DVD power cable with the open/close pin taken off so the tray wouldn't close for every power cycle.

Then I typed "DosFlash"..there came a list of drives including my Liteon. There was a question when you want to resend the information etc....i tried for both y and n but it showed my Flash type as "Unknown" and Flash Size as 0kb.

I went about typing E....it displayed "Unknown chip"...then a "LITEON E"...it showed "Erasing..." and then "Erasing Complete."

Futhermore, I typed "dosflash" again...There was again a question when you want to resend the information etc....i again tried for both y and n but it showed my Flash type as "Unknown" and Flash Size as 0kb.

I went about typing W....it displayed "Unknown chip"...then a "LITEON W"...showed an "Invalid choice" message.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using the probe on R707 for the flashing process too or something? or should the lite-on tray be closed during the flashing process(i mean all connected the the xbox 360 power)? Why exactly do people use CK3 in the flashing process?

Please do help sad.gif...

#2 cp737

cp737

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

i dont know if im following you here but when i ran l-o-eras inside the 360 modification disc and attempted to erase it gave me ff80, then when i proceeded to flash using dosflash it saw the drive as unknown flash. all i did from there was ran dosflash a second time and it picked it up as winbond nex flash and it worked and im playing the box right now.

#3 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(cp737 @ Apr 27 2009, 01:15 AM) View Post

i dont know if im following you here but when i ran l-o-eras inside the 360 modification disc and attempted to erase it gave me ff80, then when i proceeded to flash using dosflash it saw the drive as unknown flash. all i did from there was ran dosflash a second time and it picked it up as winbond nex flash and it worked and im playing the box right now.

Did u try using JF before this? as in did you get any hung ups? Are u using a CK3 mate? Even im in a dilema..its supposed to work...but I guess im one of those 'unlucky' ones sad.gif

QUOTE(nukey_ @ Apr 27 2009, 01:28 AM) View Post

Did u try using JF before this? as in did you get any hung ups? Are u using a CK3 mate? Even im in a dilema..its supposed to work...but I guess im one of those 'unlucky' ones sad.gif

I've tried using the dosflash a couple of times...lets say thrice...but no luck... uhh.gif

#4 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(cp737 @ Apr 27 2009, 01:15 AM) View Post

If your using the CK3, should the dvd rom be still in the half opened state?

#5 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

it sounds like dosflash isnt reading the right drive. try unplugging any other sata/ide devices you have plugged into the computer. the only time i ever got the unknown flash type error was when i tried to mtk vendor intro on my cd-rom drive

#6 bengrimsy

bengrimsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

after you sent the command to erase did you power the drive off and on within 1 second. im pretty sure you have to do that in both jungle and dosflash

Edited by bengrimsy, 26 April 2009 - 06:41 PM.

#7 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

and btw, once u have the key you can put pin 3 back in. the drive doesnt need to be half open anymore

#8 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(bengrimsy @ Apr 27 2009, 02:31 AM) View Post

after you sent the command to erase did you power the drive off and on within 1 second. im pretty sure you have to do that in both jungle and dosflash

Thank u so much for ur post!

During this process of powering on and off the drive, should the drive laser turn on and stuff..or even make that startup noise?
Since my tray is still half opened state...and I have removed the 3 pin (open/close) wire from the dvd power connector...on switching on/off the xbox, my drive does not make that screetching noise, nor does the laser turn on...

U might be wondering, y im switching off n on the xbox(powercycle), its because I do not have a CK3... sad.gif

QUOTE(TheDemonIII @ Apr 27 2009, 02:39 AM) View Post

and btw, once u have the key you can put pin 3 back in. the drive doesnt need to be half open anymore

Thanks a lot mate for the clarification!
By the way.....do you have any idea on how to powercyle the dvd drive without using the CK3? I feel im not doing it right...For powercycling, all I did was to power on and off the xbox as such...and hence failing to do it in one second...

Regards..

#9 bengrimsy

bengrimsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

if its not making any noise and the laser is not turning on, my guess would be that you erased the firmware or messed it up the firmware trying to erase it. try too flash it now with your spoofed firmware. if that doesnt work then try erasing it again in jungle flasher, power cycling it at the proper time.

oh and maybe you could just take out the power cable from the back of the drive and quickly plug it back in. im not exactly sure on how to do this without a connectivity kit of some kind, but that might work.

Edited by bengrimsy, 26 April 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#10 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

idk what u mean by "within one second" but powercycling is just hitting the power button. I usually find that waiting longer works better than doing it quickly. U don't need a ck3, powering with the xbox works perfectly. keep trying with dos and make sure the erase returns 72. Then powercycle, wait a few seconds, and start dosflash. In dosflash make sure you answer y to the questions only pertaining to the liteon, and no other hardware in your system

#11 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys...I've tried using Jungle Flash once more...Lite-On Erase....and then device ID, with proper powercycles...but when i tried clicking on Write..I get this error - Invalid Drive Status!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks...

#12 Carter33

Carter33

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

Jungle flasher has a great tuto read that m8 and follow it step by step.
under toolbox tab i think it is.And sounds like its not in modeb.

#13 turny

turny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(nukey_ @ Apr 26 2009, 07:16 PM) View Post

Hey guys...I've tried using Jungle Flash once more...Lite-On Erase....and then device ID, with proper powercycles...but when i tried clicking on Write..I get this error - Invalid Drive Status!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks...
I never used any of the buttons under 360 tools in jf for benq , samsung and liteon , click intro/device id then jack out power then back in, then click on erase (NOT ON LITE ON ERASE)never used that yet

QUOTE(Carter33 @ Apr 26 2009, 09:20 PM) View Post

Jungle flasher has a great tuto read that m8 and follow it step by step.
under toolbox tab i think it is.And sounds like its not in modeb.
mode b ? its a liteon , mode b hitachis only.

#14 cp737

cp737

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

hey i built a homemade adaptor too. you can see it in the liteon key for free thread. it works great. my drive was half opened throughout the whole thing.

#15 nukey_

nukey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hmm...I dint get around it yet but I've got this feeling tat its got to do with me booting from a CD..maybe dosflash writes some kind of a log file or something of tat sort from which it gets the info for the write command....

I cant seem to find a way to boot it thru the usb...I've tried HP format utility , Iprep and Xtreme boot maker....none worked....ive tried those on a 512 kb flash as well as a 2 gb one...have you guys got anything in mind?

I've checked some other posts and people have mentioned its something to do with choosing a different sata port...

To which one have to guys connected the SATA cable to? There are 3 on a VIA 6421A if im not mistaken..one at the rear..other on the left when pc is viewed from the front and the last is at the front....directly opposite to the rear one...

Maybe its something tats got to do with it being in the Master position?...

Ive connected mine to the left one all this while....

Its surprising how Jungle Flasher ...after every Liteon-Erase...detects my flash chip as Flash Name: MXIC(MX25L2005) Flash Size: 262144 bytes etc but nothing seems to appear in Dosflash..it just shows it as Flash type: Unknown, Flash Size: 0 KB...

I've tried write through Jungle Flasher couple of times...but it give me a message "Invalid Status returned by Drive"... sad.gif

QUOTE(cp737 @ Apr 27 2009, 10:30 AM) View Post

hey i built a homemade adaptor too. you can see it in the liteon key for free thread. it works great. my drive was half opened throughout the whole thing.

Hey mate...do you use the spear tats connected to the 10K resistor or anything present on tat homemade adaptor.. for any part of the flashing process? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users