• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ramstick

ramstick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

So, my xbox had the 3rod problem awhile ago and I took the xclamps off and such and it worked fine. Then earlier today my screen turned pink when I was playing games o.O Only some of it, not the menus or the cutscenes, but during the regular game everything would have lines and be tinted pink. So I tried changing av cables (I have the normal av cable with the red white and yellow and then an HDMI to DVI cable I used for the picture). I plugged only the regular cable in and when I turned my box back on it had the 4th red light on and said error code E74... Some people say its related to AV cables and some people say its related to the GPU but I'd like to have some opinions before I do anything drastic.

#2 ShadowLegion

ShadowLegion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

mine does the samething all you have to do is re apply the xclamp fix and it should work, depending on how good you do it it should work from 2days to week/s. But for some reason mine has the 3rod and I did the fix 5 times and it still won't work. GOod luck

#3 ilovemyfbm

ilovemyfbm

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Girlfriend, riding Bmx, never being home.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

I suggest you heatgun the motherboard, its really not hard. i have fixed 2 e74 xboxs and 1 no video but sound xbox, they've been working good so far.

#4 pln0ygunz

pln0ygunz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

The reflowing the GPU and the HANA/ANA should do the trick. But it seems to be just a temporary fix.. I have an elite that keeps getting the E74 2-3 days after I reflow it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users