7 replies to this topic

#1 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

ok guys. so ive followed about every set of instructions i can find.

first i tried xbox hdm. copied my directories to the linux folder, the eeprom.bin and whatnot. used the make iso, burnt it to a dvd-rw using poweriso (the first time) as well as dvddecryptor. then i load the dvd in the computer and it sits and then gives me "error loading os" or something like "unable to load bootdisk".

so then i learned about chimps method. got chimps on my xbox, shows up under applications. then whenever i load it up i get a jumbled screen then it just goes to a solid green screen. i tried using telnet but couldnt connect using the xbox's ip.

any ideas.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

burnt it to a dvd-rw
Burn it to a CD.

#3 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 27 2009, 08:35 PM) View Post

Burn it to a CD.

just tried that. still got the os error.

#4 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

ok so now i shall try booting it from usb thumbdrive.

ive also tried multiple hdd's,

#5 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

no go with usb either

#6 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:46 AM

first i tried xbox hdm. copied my directories to the linux folder, the eeprom.bin and whatnot. used the make iso, burnt it to a dvd-rw using poweriso (the first time) as well as dvddecryptor. Then i tried on a cd-rw, same results. tried multiple disc drives, no go. then i load the dvd in the computer and it sits and then gives me "error loading os" or something like "unable to load bootdisk".

so then i learned about chimps method. got chimps on my xbox, shows up under applications. then whenever i load it up i get a jumbled screen then it just goes to a solid green screen. i tried using telnet but couldnt connect using the xbox's ip.

then i tried the ftp method under the tut. section. no go there either, even with dummy discs.

then i though i had it when i found xboxhdm2 (usb version). followed the instructions to the word. still got the error loading os message. ive tried it on a few hdd's now and the ones with windows will boot into windows. and yea ive changed my boot order. im about to throw in the towel...

i even went so far as to have my dvd version in one dvd drive, my cd-rw in another and the usb in as well. nogo...

any ideas?

i checked the compatability list and my hdd's are compatable to be locked (if it matters)

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

It's not the HD that's the problem. Your PC doesn't seem to want to boot linux. Check for a BIOS update, and check the manufacturer's website for hints on running linux on your PC.

#8 SockoMr

SockoMr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:27 AM

man, i cannot thank you enough. looks like my cheap pc worked better than the expensive one this time ^^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users