Photo

Benq Dvd Drive Won't Eject After A Small Piece Fall Out.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GowY

GowY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

I just disassembled my xbox 360 flash it and re-assembled it everything work great but the (Benq) dvd drive won't open (it do open if i do it from the menu) and i think it's because this piece:

IPB Image

Does anybody know what is it and where it goes on the dvd drive?

thanks

#2 reddwarf

reddwarf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

It is a retainer that goes between the outside of the drive and the xbox cage, it will NOT stop your drive opening.

#3 pln0ygunz

pln0ygunz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

I had this problem on a benq drive as well.. The part you have pictured does not need to be there just keeps the dvd rom tight in place.. Now when you press the eject button does the light in the middle of of the Xbox rings start blinking? If not then the eject button in the actual 360 might not be getting hit.. I haven't actually fixed the problem I have but I am able to eject the disc as long as I press it harder than usual..

#4 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

As said the piece isnt needed, Pull it back apart and make sure the button is acturly pushing down on the open switch. Iv had a few boxs that I put back together quickly with out looking miss align and not push the switch.

Thats the only thing it can be unless you scraped a trace on the mobo that went to that switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users