Photo

How Do I Check If I Actually Bought A Kreon Drive?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dynasti

dynasti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

I just purchased a TS-H353 off someone on another forum, how can I check that I actually got it preflashed with kreon firmware? I don't have any blank dl dvrs yet if that matters.

#2 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

Stick a orignal game cd in,
open Xbox Backup Creator
go to drive tools
click unlock drive.
Then read the game to the hdd.

If all that works then you have a 100% working kreon drive.

#3 dynasti

dynasti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Apr 28 2009, 11:10 PM) View Post

Stick a orignal game cd in,
open Xbox Backup Creator
go to drive tools
click unlock drive.
Then read the game to the hdd.

If all that works then you have a 100% working kreon drive.

will do, thanks for the quick reply!

#4 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

Load up XBC and under the drive it will say additional information. It should say something like KREON 1.0

#5 dynasti

dynasti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:32 AM

Im not sure if I either set up the burner wrong or if theres a way to refresh XBC but it isnt showing the drive and under drive tools I dont have the option to unlock the drive. Any suggestions?

Edited by dynasti, 30 April 2009 - 02:34 AM.

#6 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(dynasti @ Apr 30 2009, 10:24 AM) View Post

Im not sure if I either set up the burner wrong or if theres a way to refresh XBC but it isnt showing the drive and under drive tools I dont have the option to unlock the drive. Any suggestions?

How are you connecting the drive. MB or Via Card? And is windows showing the drive.

Edited by Bazdoctor, 30 April 2009 - 06:17 AM.

#7 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

Has to be hooked up via motherboard or external. And if you have the via chipset and a sata drive than your hating it bad as it wont work. also check your jumper settings. If you have only 1 dvd rom drive than you want it set as "master" if you have two rom drives than you want one set as "master"and the other set as "slave or cable select" "slave" has always worked better for me.

also you keep referring to your kreon drive being a dvd burner. Not possible all a kreon drive is going to do for you is rip the games to the hard drive.

#8 dynasti

dynasti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Bazdoctor @ Apr 30 2009, 12:08 AM) View Post

How are you connecting the drive. MB or Via Card? And is windows showing the drive.

Its connected to the MB. Where would windows show the drive? It isn't "my computer" or when I look for hardware in "my properties". Im using XP if it matters.

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Apr 30 2009, 02:13 PM) View Post

Has to be hooked up via motherboard or external. And if you have the via chipset and a sata drive than your hating it bad as it wont work. also check your jumper settings. If you have only 1 dvd rom drive than you want it set as "master" if you have two rom drives than you want one set as "master"and the other set as "slave or cable select" "slave" has always worked better for me.
also you keep referring to your kreon drive being a dvd burner. Not possible all a kreon drive is going to do for you is rip the games to the hard drive.

How do I check if I have the via chipset? I only have 1 cd rom and now the burner. Everything everyones ever told me is the drive rips games and burns them. Do you need a kreon drive and a regular burner?

#9 wulfie

wulfie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

afaik, drives that are kreon compatible are dvdROM...i.e. readers only

#10 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(dynasti @ Apr 30 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post

Its connected to the MB. Where would windows show the drive? It isn't "my computer" or when I look for hardware in "my properties". Im using XP if it matters.

if its not showing up on my computer, than its setup wrong. check the jumpers as vbencryption suggested. also, i can't remember off the top of my head. is that model number that you said one of the sata versions or the ide versions of the drive?

Everything everyones ever told me is the drive rips games and burns them. Do you need a kreon drive and a regular burner?

yeah, you need a separate drive to burn. kreon drives are read only

Edited by Reaper527, 30 April 2009 - 10:03 PM.

#11 dynasti

dynasti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

its a sata version, Im going to sell it as I dont want to have to buy a burner too. Its in BST if anyone is interested, Im just looking to get back what I paid.

#12 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

You know you can get a burning the will work for like $20. It just have to be able to write at 2.4X duel layer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users