• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hacklehn

hacklehn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:50 AM

Hi! This is the first time I flash a Xbox 360 DVD-drive (Samsung MS28). So far, I installed the SATA chip in the computer, and was able to create a bootable USB flash drive using iPrep 008 and iXtreme 1.5. When I try to boot using the USB drive (Windows XP SP2), it simply doesn't work.

Here's what I do: I turn on the computer, then hold F8 to access the boot menu. I select "Cardreader", which is the USB flash drive I use with iXtreme installed on it. Then, it simply boots Windows XP like normal, without iPrep showing up. Do I have to plug the DVD drive of the Xbox to the computer before I boot? Because I try to boot the computer before I plug the 360 drive, but I don't think that it really matters. I tried with 2 different USB flash drives, without success.

Thanks for helping me out!!

#2 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

How could this be classified under the technical DVD -ROM forum. Anyway, go to your bios and change boot from usb or something to that effect, save your changed settings (most computers will boot from a usb automatically) Restart your pc and dont press anything while it boots, iprep/dos should boot up and you can flash away. If your pc can handle jungle flasher, I would suggest using that instead of iprep, but up to you.

Also make sure you flash with 1.51 not 1.5.

Edited by Bazdoctor, 30 April 2009 - 06:11 AM.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

Have you tried Jungleflasher?

#4 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(hacklehn @ Apr 30 2009, 01:12 PM) View Post

Hi! This is the first time I flash a Xbox 360 DVD-drive (Samsung MS28). So far, I installed the SATA chip in the computer, and was able to create a bootable USB flash drive using iPrep 008 and iXtreme 1.5. When I try to boot using the USB drive (Windows XP SP2), it simply doesn't work.

Here's what I do: I turn on the computer, then hold F8 to access the boot menu. I select "Cardreader", which is the USB flash drive I use with iXtreme installed on it. Then, it simply boots Windows XP like normal, without iPrep showing up. Do I have to plug the DVD drive of the Xbox to the computer before I boot? Because I try to boot the computer before I plug the 360 drive, but I don't think that it really matters. I tried with 2 different USB flash drives, without success.

Thanks for helping me out!!

in the boot menu are you sure you saved your selection and then quit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users