robinsontoor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hi,
Recently it seems my 360 cannot get on xbox live. when I hit the test connection it says that the 360 cannot obtain a ip address. Im currently plugged directly into my airport extreme and still cannot get a connection.
Is this strictly a connection problem or could it be hardware? I have opened my 360 so its out of warranty.
Thanks
Neil Toor

edit1- I have plugged in my wireless adapter to the front usb. the light is green but the xbox still cant connect. I fix 360s as a side job, I have plugged in the hdd and wireless adapters
into other systems and they connect fine. I'm beginning to think for some reason MS banned my console. although I thought banned consoles could connect to the network and
failed on the xbox live step. it keeps saying cannot obtain ip. I believe I have knocked out hardware error b/c I have used different usb ports and the Ethernet port. and
the possibility of a banned console. so this leads me to believe it is a software issue. thoughts?

Edited by robinsontoor, 01 May 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#2 eCrack

eCrack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(robinsontoor @ May 1 2009, 08:28 AM) View Post

Hi,
Recently it seems my 360 cannot get on xbox live. when I hit the test connection it says that the 360 cannot obtain a ip address. Im currently plugged directly into my airport extreme and still cannot get a connection.
Is this strictly a connection problem or could it be hardware? I have opened my 360 so its out of warranty.
Thanks
Neil Toor

edit1- I have plugged in my wireless adapter to the front usb. the light is green but the xbox still cant connect. I fix 360s as a side job, I have plugged in the hdd and wireless adapters
into other systems and they connect fine. I'm beginning to think for some reason MS banned my console. although I thought banned consoles could connect to the network and
failed on the xbox live step. it keeps saying cannot obtain ip. I believe I have knocked out hardware error b/c I have used different usb ports and the Ethernet port. and
the possibility of a banned console. so this leads me to believe it is a software issue. thoughts?

Set a static IP on your xbox and use your router's IP as the gateway and dns server. You have a configuration problem in your settings on that xbox and setting this ip to static will remedy the problem. After you get it online again, you SHOULD be able to go back to automatic configuration but there really won't be any need to. Static Ip addresses are best for xbox live because you can then set up port forwarding or DMZ reliably without hoping a new dhcp lease doesn't change your ip.

#3 sekars2012

sekars2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

If you wnat to check the ip address on the pc go to network settings, find the network that is working then go on its properties.
then go on the internet protocol (tcp/ip) properties which should show you the assigned ip address if it is not set automatically

i used to use automatic settings and my ip address was not defined and so it would clash with my computer, preventing me from playing online. then when i did it manually i got it to work the ps3 is mot complicated to configure as the pc does most of it autmaticcally.
neon beer signs
Posizionamento Motori Ricerca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users