• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pulsaruk

pulsaruk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

is this possible, i cannot get a definitive answer, if it is possible can someone guarentee this 100% and tell me what i need?
i can send my xbox off for someone else but this is dodgy and i want to be able to do this myself so i can do future update flashing.

i only have a laptop so can someone help me smile.gif

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

You will need to buy THIS or THIS. Add the probe or spear if you dont want to do any soldering.

Then you will also need to buy a SATA adapter that will plug into your laptops expansion slot (if it has one).

#3 pulsaruk

pulsaruk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 1 2009, 07:24 PM) View Post

You will need to buy THIS or THIS. Add the probe or spear if you dont want to do any soldering.

Then you will also need to buy a SATA adapter that will plug into your laptops expansion slot (if it has one).

thanks for reply have you sucessfully done this with a sata adapter? if so what one?. the only sticking point for me is the sata adapter i will need to buy to insert into my expansion slot

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(pulsaruk @ May 1 2009, 03:04 PM) View Post

thanks for reply have you sucessfully done this with a sata adapter? if so what one?. the only sticking point for me is the sata adapter i will need to buy to insert into my expansion slot

I have done a few thousand drives but not with a laptop. Never had a need to.

#5 pulsaruk

pulsaruk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:48 PM

this is the problem i have, i only have a laptop and need to speak to someone who can confirm they have flashed a lite on with a laptop who i can ask what exactly they used and how

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users