lilbigyoungin2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

I have two questions really. I just purchased a rrod system and took everything apart. The first thing I identified was that the board was a xenon according to the 3 green rings next to the cpu, but when looking at the power supply connector it's that of a falcon board???? Everything else matches up to that of a xenon board. Also there are three capacitors missing:

IPB Image

I have another xenon board that I can replace these capacitors with, but just how important are they if they are missing?

BTW that's not a pic of my actual board, I was just using it for illustration

Edited by lilbigyoungin2000, 06 May 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#2 ndrew2505

ndrew2505

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

caps smooth out ripples and spikes in the box.whatever theyre hoooked up to probably needs a nice smooth flow of electricity and i would suggest not running it for very long (if at all) with the missin caps.

the 2 yellow ones are missing on my board too but thts the way its made. make sure you need the caps there before you stick some in..

Edited by ndrew2505, 06 May 2009 - 08:54 PM.

#3 lilbigyoungin2000

lilbigyoungin2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(ndrew2505 @ May 6 2009, 01:43 PM) View Post

caps smooth out ripples and spikes in the box.whatever theyre hoooked up to probably needs a nice smooth flow of electricity and i would suggest not running it for very long (if at all) with the missin caps.

the 2 yellow ones are missing on my board too but thts the way its made. make sure you need the caps there before you stick some in..

That's what I was confused about. It you look at any board post xenon those two yellow capacitors are not there. This particular board is confusing me. It has the components and placements of a xenon with the connector of a falcon/opus board. The xenon board has the two yellow, and every other board doesn't. Hmmmm..

#4 Vauxfan

Vauxfan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Someone has probably snapped the peg from inside the PSU socket so thats why it looks like a falcon.

#5 lilbigyoungin2000

lilbigyoungin2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

^^^ rolleyes.gif lol I should have deduced that myself lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users