Photo

Is There Any Hope For Me To Flash My Drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nsta

nsta

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hey all

I recently purchased a console on ebay, and all was well....when i got it, it found it had a benq drive, but definitely not the original.....anyway, the drive will playback, dvd's, and music cd's....but won't play any backup up or original games...the seller advised me after i received the console that the original drive died because of him inverting the power, so he swapped it out with a known good benq drive without doing any modding spoofing etc...

Is their any hope for me?....im guessing NO since i would need to get the original firmware key at the least.

Thanks in reply

#2 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

No hope,

Depending how much you payed ask for money back or keep the dvd drive and use it with your computer to make backups.
Then buy a new arcade and mod it.

#3 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

You could see if the seller has the original drive, possibility to extract the key is there

#4 nsta

nsta

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hey the drive is a BenQ VAD6038.....Can i use these drives to create backups also...If so please advise how, ive already posted another thread where id like to get instructions on how to do this....as alot of the tuts on this site are very outdated, and don't know which one to use.

Also don't know which firmware to be using, i get my fw's from the usual place...
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users