19 replies to this topic

#1 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Hey!

My warranty just expired so I've decided to water cool my 360 hoping I wont RRoD...

Ive seen two versions so far, Dan2k0's and a bunch of external water cooling systems. How signifcant is the difference in heating and how far do the external systems jut out?

At the moment, I'm liking dan2k0's more.

#2 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Well, I'm currently watercooling an xbox 360 jasper and sticking it all in a pc case... and theres another member here, SuddeN, who is watercooling a 360 jasper as well and putting it in a lian-li xb01 case..

If your able to wait until I get my watercooling parts and finish my project (hopefully ill finish it next weekend) you'll be able to see the temperatures I'm getting and the temperatures hes getting for comparison. Both of our threads are in this forum if you want to go check it out.

#3 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

I'm liking the Lian-Li XB01 project although it seems a bit too bulky and an additional 170 dollars for the case isn't very appetizing.

As far as a PC case goes, my entertainment center doesn't have enough space for anything larger than a micro tower.

#4 shadow king 13

shadow king 13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

I water cooled my new jasper with the Koolance complete kit water blocks, EXOS 2 external pump setup, and am using a Lian Li TR-5 fan controller/ temp monitor on my setup. With a room temp of 77F, the temp get up to maximum CPU- 92, GPU- 86, Case temp-78 with my Talismoon replacement fans on level 3. Thats all while playing COD5 or Halo for 4-5hrs straight. biggrin.gif And mine is in the stock Xbox case.

#5 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

o.O BIt pricey for me

I've decided on going internal.. This is my parts list:

ClearFlex Tubing : 3/8" 5 feet
http://www.dangerden...hp?productid=61

Polypropylene T
http://www.dangerden...hp?productid=65

Black Ice Pro Radiator
http://www.dangerden...php?type=T&id=3

Danger Den Fill Port
http://www.dangerden...hp?productid=56

DD-CPX1 12V Pump
http://www.dangerden...p?productid=279

Koolance GPU-180-L06
https://www.koolance...?product_id=104

Koolance GPU-180-H06
https://www.koolance...p?product_id=87

#6 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

Uh

Could someone help me?

I cant get the shells to split at all. Ive used one of those mini screwdrivers like for eye glasses to try and split the shells but all it does is mar the plastic.

I also tried the key method using the CD case but thats not working either.

#7 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(SlvrDragon50 @ May 12 2009, 05:46 PM) View Post

Uh

Could someone help me?

I cant get the shells to split at all. Ive used one of those mini screwdrivers like for eye glasses to try and split the shells but all it does is mar the plastic.

I also tried the key method using the CD case but thats not working either.

Im hoping that you do infact have the gray top and bottom pieces off, and the faceplate off. I also use a jewelers screwdriver to open the cases, and heres how i do it.

With the back of the case facing you (not upside down) stick the screwdriver in the slot all the way to the left (there should be two above the power plug). once you hear it click, use your left hand to hold the side of the case apart (so the clip doesnt go back) and then stick the screwdriver in the hole next to it.. once it clicks, the left side (of the case) should come up, then just do the rest of the slots with the screwdriver over the av port while slowly pulling it apart

#8 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

When you stick the screwdriver (the wedging screwdriver) in, do you put it all the way?

I think that's what is happening to me. I hear the click but I think it locks itself again.

#9 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(SlvrDragon50 @ May 12 2009, 06:06 PM) View Post

When you stick the screwdriver (the wedging screwdriver) in, do you put it all the way?

I think that's what is happening to me. I hear the click but I think it locks itself again.

When you push it in, you should feel some resistance... keep pushing the screwdriver in and you will hear it click. You dont have to go in all the way unless its a really short screwdriver...

#10 Vauxfan

Vauxfan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:15 AM

Press upwards towards the stickers and Put some force on the two halfs, pushing them apart too. Get the 1st 2 done by the power socket then pull the case apart some, it should click apart some more then you can go ahead and unclip the clips on the other side smile.gif

One of THESE is perfect for undoing 360 clips wink.gif

Edited by Vauxfan, 13 May 2009 - 07:18 AM.

#11 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Back to parts....

Is getting UV liquid and UV tubing sort of overdoing the UV? If yes, I'll be buying ClearFlex 60 tubing instead of some UV reactive tubing.

#12 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(SlvrDragon50 @ May 14 2009, 06:32 AM) View Post

Back to parts....

Is getting UV liquid and UV tubing sort of overdoing the UV? If yes, I'll be buying ClearFlex 60 tubing instead of some UV reactive tubing.

yea it is.

#13 jamz_az

jamz_az

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Mholt215 @ May 14 2009, 06:26 AM) View Post

yea it is.

No it's not!!!
If your going to all this trouble go big or go home.
If you going to WC on a budget stick with fans!

#14 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(jamz_az @ May 14 2009, 11:33 AM) View Post

No it's not!!!
If your going to all this trouble go big or go home.
If you going to WC on a budget stick with fans!

Lol? Go look at my watercooled PC thread. Ive spent over 300$ now in supplies, so trust me, I know what overkill is wink.gif

I think that having green uv tubing and green uv liquid is pointless, because it will look like just one is uv reactive.

I think that having blue uv liquid and green uv tubing would be sick though.

#15 SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Lol

I don't mind spending 5 more bucks if the additional UV tubing really helps. I still havn't really decided on a spring color yet. I'm thinking black coils on UV blue tubing would look pretty nice.

About RRoD... I'm reading that cooling the GPU/CPU doesn't help prevent 3RRoD? I thought it did since the temperature won't reach the melting point of the solder.

Also, home made xclamp is just as good as buying an xclamp kit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users