• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DeezleDan

DeezleDan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

Hope someone can help! I bought a modded xbox about 2-3 years ago with a smartxx chip installed(no 100% sure which kind but it has on board LEDs and such) The system worked fine for about 6 months then one day when I went to plug my power cord in sparks and popping sounds came out of the socket on the console. I put the system away until recently when I found out the problem was most likely a faulty power supply, so me and a friend took the power supply out of his unused, non modded system and installed it in mine. When we were done the system powered right up, except when it gets past the xbox screen it says "Service Required. Call Customer Support" with the numbers 05 in the top left corner of the screen in big white letters. Im not sure if the mod chip is recieving power or if its fried because i do not see the onboard LEDs coming on(which i cant remember if they did at startup or when i used XBMC). Please help me find out if theres any hope in restoring this amazing system to use. Thanks for the help!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

The chip isn't working, and the error 5 is because the Xbox is booting the stock BIOS and the disk is unlocked. That's good - it means the rest of the Xbox seems to be working fine. Check the D0 wire for continuity. If it's OK then you probably need to fit a new chip, and if the current one is on a pinheader it's relatively easy. You should be able to fit a DuoX2 without too many problems, and with just a couple of wires to solder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users