• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JJ510FTC

JJ510FTC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

I just finished building a beautiful custom arcade stick from a wireless 360 controller. Used the CG with all Sanwa parts.

Everything is working perfectly - all buttons and directions on the D-pad except- er - while playing Street Fighter IV! This is a real issue for me, seeing as this is why I built this controller in the first place.

So anyways - here's my problem - the 'A', 'B' and 'Left Trigger' buttons function for in-game menus, but during the actual fight they cease to function (unless I press start to pause of course, in which case they work). WEIRD!

This is heartbreaking to write after spending so much time constructing this controller but I have absolutely no clue what could be causing this problem.

So... Please folks, anyone, any ideas - help me figure this out!

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

Did you remove the Triggers/Sticks from the board? and if so did you install the Resistors in place of them?

#3 RuSoLiNiX

RuSoLiNiX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

LOL. I had the very same problem. You need to select 'Arcade Stick' in the controller config menu for all the buttons to work. From there you can also custom map your buttons.

#4 JJ510FTC

JJ510FTC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

I removed the triggers and installed the resistors.

I also changed the button config to "arcade stick" in the menu.

After further testing I've isolated the problem to the left trigger. It functions as I mentioned before, but during gameplay if that button is mapped it makes all of the other buttons not work. If I assign the LT to "not function" in the button configuration then all the other buttons work. Strange and frustrating, but at least I have 7 working buttons now! Sorry, I should have done more extensive testing before posting...

So maybe it's a problem with the resistor?

Also, just wanted to give my THANKS to RDC. Without your posts I would never have done this and I really appreciate what you have contributed to this forum. Thanks for making this all possible!

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

Recheck the soldering of that Resistor, make sure it and the button are in the correct spots.

How does it act in other games?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users