#1 hoppityhow

hoppityhow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Long time, no posts... occasional browsing ... hi! biggrin.gif

I have 3 boxes... 1 chipped with an old school smartxx chip, one error coding 16(I'm guessing it's softmodded, but it isn't mine and I've never opened it), and one retail.

I want to softmod the retail box (most important)
Fix the error box (2nd important)

I've been out of this scene for so long... can anyone help me as to my best options here? I do not have a memory card or retail game, so an exploit involving those is out of the question. Any help is reallllllly appreciated. muhaha.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

If you don't have an exploitable game then you can fix the error 16 box and softmod the retail box in the same way - hotswap, then use Kingroach NDURE 3.1 and xboxhdm to rebuild the disks. This post gives a concise summary of the method.

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

If you don't have a PC to hotswap with, you could use the chipped xbox to hotswap as well.

Or another option is to softmod the chipped xbox with CASH disc and remove the chip. Install chip on the retail. Repeat with CASH to softmod it. Likewise for the error xbox, CASH has the stock msdash files to fix error 16.

#4 hoppityhow

hoppityhow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas. Heimdall, I will most likely perform a PC hotswap to get the other boxes in working order, but......

Idotsfan,

Can you point me in the direction of how to perform a box to box hotswap? I'm REALLY unfamiliar with how to get THAT to work...

EDIT: I didn't see that you already did that hahaha

Edited by hoppityhow, 16 May 2009 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users