• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Melfice

Dark Melfice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi, my problems started more or less, when i started to play Lost Odyssey, with DVD 1 there were no problems, then i played DVD 2 with Memorex(the only game i had played with Memorex was Dead Rising, it was the first game i played on my Xbox360 that i bought this January).

The problems started here, the game kept me giving the "dirty disk error", and it would only boot, after 15 times of opening and closing the tray. I though for myself that it was because i was using Memorex(although it barely gave me errors while playing Dead Rising).

When i was done with DVD 2, i asked a friend of mine for DVD 3, and this one was already Verbatim, for my surprise it gave me the dirty disk error again(and it keeps me giving it), although it takes less time to finally play than the Memorex.

On the other hand, that friend of mine took the DVD 2 to his xbox360 and it worked at first!
Now not only does Lost Odyssey gives me problems, but for example, Soul Calibur 4 gives me a black screen in the initial loading but no dirty disk error(and it is burned on a Verbatim and never gave me errors until now).

All of the other Verbatim-burned games dont give me problems, the same cant be said about Memorex(although not all of them are as chaotic as Lost Odyssey).

Can anyone tell me what is this about? I find it strange since my 360 is only 5 months old(bought new) and supposedly the Lite-On drives shouldnt give that many problems. I dont know much about hacking and stuff but this can't be a bad altered firmware right(It either works or it doesnt i suppose)?

Sorry for the testament :\

Edited by Dark Melfice, 16 May 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#2 Dark Melfice

Dark Melfice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

Update: i tried a different copy of Soul Calibur IV from my friend and it still gave me the black error which is a bit strange

#3 insanityforall

insanityforall

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

Your problem is with your laser, it's dying. You can try to do a pot tweak this will get it to work correctly while you wait for a new laser to arrive. You can get a new laser for $15 shipping included off of eBay. A "BenQ replacement laser" will work for a lite-on. uhh off hand I think the part # is Hop-141B. Maybe OPU-5430 think it's the first one? Easy to install. Any more ?'s Time to get stoned smile.gif

#4 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Definately a laser issue, the fact it picks the backups up as games means the firmware is fine.

On a side note, i have had to do a few laser swaps on the lite-ons due to poor lasers, and these are young machines. Remember to desolder the anti static point on the replacement laser when you recieve it.

#5 Dark Melfice

Dark Melfice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

thanks for the reply, if i send my xbox 360 to the warranty saying it gives me dirty disk error on some games, will they fix it? Someone said to me, that the Lite-on cant be reflashed to the original firmware, but there is no way for M$ to know if you have the hacked firmware, unless they try with backups, is that true?

#6 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

Don't do that. MS will charge you more than new DVD drive.
They will repaire for you free are, E 74 and 3 red light only.
Do it your self.
grr.gif

#7 Dark Melfice

Dark Melfice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

Sorry, thats not true, if your xbox is under the warranty period(2 years + 1(for RROD and E74)), they wont charge anything no matter what the problem is

#8 tequiller

tequiller

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

I have a few backups that I have to eject, and close the tray a couple times for it to play.

First time: It says mixed media disc.

Second time: Disc is unreadable.

Third Eject and close: Now playing.

Lite-On drive , 1.6 firmware, Verbatims burned at 2.4 with imgburn

#9 Dark Melfice

Dark Melfice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(tequiller @ Jun 11 2009, 08:19 AM) View Post

I have a few backups that I have to eject, and close the tray a couple times for it to play.

First time: It says mixed media disc.

Second time: Disc is unreadable.

Third Eject and close: Now playing.

Lite-On drive , 1.6 firmware, Verbatims burned at 2.4 with imgburn

thats pretty much my case with the same settings.

the only thing different is, i dont get mixed media disc, but i can get a black screen.

have you tried something to fix it already?

#10 tequiller

tequiller

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(Dark Melfice @ Jun 11 2009, 12:16 PM) View Post

thats pretty much my case with the same settings.

the only thing different is, i dont get mixed media disc, but i can get a black screen.

have you tried something to fix it already?

It's only happened with a couple games. After it gets the read on the third time, I never get the mixed media message again with that game. It's strange.

#11 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(Dark Melfice @ Jun 9 2009, 11:05 PM) View Post

thanks for the reply, if i send my xbox 360 to the warranty saying it gives me dirty disk error on some games, will they fix it? Someone said to me, that the Lite-on cant be reflashed to the original firmware, but there is no way for M$ to know if you have the hacked firmware, unless they try with backups, is that true?

You opened the console warranty gone, final.

QUOTE(Dark Melfice @ Jun 11 2009, 08:45 AM) View Post

Sorry, thats not true, if your xbox is under the warranty period(1 year + 2for RROD and E74), they wont charge anything no matter what the problem is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users