• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jack_561

jack_561

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

Not really sure if this one deserves to be in the noob section, but I need the help and can't find anything anywhere. Trust me, I've tried. So far the drive has had iXtreme firmwares 1.2(d) then 1.4. I used the manual old-school hex edit method for the first and then iPrep 101 v006 for the second.

I believe this has something to do with 1.4 making my drive believe that is actually an MS28 and because of this I am unable to flash on anything but a VIA chipset. After a few tries I can make the drive appear as an ATAPI CD-ROM on my bios but is unable to be seen in windows (driver error).

In iPrep v006 MTK just hangs after the stage where I would choose a drive, I have removed all drives to make certain that I am not making mistakes, I have also tries the 0800 trick before and after the bios loads.

With DosFlash16 and 32 it tells me there is some sort of error and that I have to click yes to resend, but nothing ever happens.

Jungle flasher I get a combination of of 'Serial Data Bad' and 0x51 errors.

It all seems a bit much for a drive that thinks it is an MS28 when in actuality is an MS25.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users