• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Duivel

Duivel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

Ok, so the question has been asked on several different forums in a variety of ways with no clear answer. I understand if I patch my wave3 game to play on older firmware that if I use that game to play on xbox live I'll be banned. However, if I play that game, and then go to play a game I bought from the store, will I still run the risk of being banned?

Essentially I guess I'm wanting to know if patching my wave3 game and then playing it somehow modifies my xbox360 so that I can't play it online "ever" again without being banned.

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

the theory is that M$ detects something (bad backups #1 candidate) and puts you on a ban list. time comes to BAN, and you are on the list kiss your ass goodbye.

Now the point of ixtreme versions is to get you to use properly made backups, so you don't run anything bad on LIVE (like those ghetto made wave 3/2 hybrid deals) because you are probably gonna get noticed and put on the shit list.

NOTE: newest 1.6 doesn't boot these. (unless you purposely ignore the warnings and use the activate deal)

Bottom line is using these type of modified discs is NOT safe, and will probably get you banned.

#3 Duivel

Duivel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

Ok, thanks.

#4 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:30 AM

if you never run a hybrid disc on live... ever... and u only use original discs on live... how can they "detect" the modified disc? also, has there been any proof of someone using modified wave 2/3 discs offline and only originals online being banned?

Edited by fightclub, 17 May 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#5 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(fightclub @ May 16 2009, 07:22 PM) View Post

if you never run a hybrid disc on live... ever... and u only use original discs on live... how can they "detect" the modified disc? also, has there been any proof of someone using modified wave 2/3 discs offline and only originals online being banned?

1) 360's are suspected to log what you put on your drive, and report it when you connect.

2) There hasn't been a BAN wave since Nov. but as mentioned above

#6 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

this is prolly a stupid followup ? but im gonna throw it out there... have ppl been able to properly sniff the network traffic with live or is it ALL encrypted?...

#7 Chickan

Chickan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(fightclub @ May 16 2009, 07:33 PM) View Post

this is prolly a stupid followup ? but im gonna throw it out there... have ppl been able to properly sniff the network traffic with live or is it ALL encrypted?...

Yeah, probably want a new thread for this one, and probably not in this forum.....

#8 elguluso

elguluso

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

so if I made a backup with my kreon drive and use abgx 1.0.1 to verify my iso image (Im running 1.51 firmware) I should be ok as far as the game being undetected unless it had to patch the verification files?

Im assuming this hybrid discs that you guys talk about are the ones where people adjust the agles to play on older firmware (1.4 and before) just curious about this things

#9 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(elguluso @ May 17 2009, 09:59 AM) View Post

so if I made a backup with my kreon drive and use abgx 1.0.1 to verify my iso image (Im running 1.51 firmware) I should be ok as far as the game being undetected unless it had to patch the verification files?

Im assuming this hybrid discs that you guys talk about are the ones where people adjust the agles to play on older firmware (1.4 and before) just curious about this things

yea... for people with old firmwares or the nme 2.0 chip, a wave3 game wouldnt run... so people (like myself) have to resort to "injecting" the wave2 files into the wave3 game which essentially makes it able to run but also makes the game not stealth so if you played the hybrid on live, youd prolly get banned eventually...

#10 Quake94

Quake94

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

I have a question
What if i would patch wave3 to wave2 (my firmware is iXtreme 1.41), disconnect ethernet cable from xbox, then run that game with wave3 to wave2 patch, after ejecting disc from drive i would connect ethernet - I will be banned, or Microsoft bans for playing on Xbox Live wave3 games? It is some kind of logging on Xbox 360 that i`ve played game with wave3 converted to wave2 ? I usually don`t play on Xbox Live, i`m only using xbox live for demos, trailers etc. , but not the multiplayer.
Also, if i would update my drive to iXtreme 1.6, can i play on this firmware games with wave2 and wave3 ?
Thanks for the answers and sorry for my poor english

#11 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ May 16 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

1) 360's are suspected to log what you put on your drive, and report it when you connect.

QUOTE(Quake94 @ May 22 2009, 11:39 AM) View Post

I have a question
What if i would patch wave3 to wave2 (my firmware is iXtreme 1.41), disconnect ethernet cable from xbox, then run that game with wave3 to wave2 patch, after ejecting disc from drive i would connect ethernet - I will be banned, or Microsoft bans for playing on Xbox Live wave3 games? It is some kind of logging on Xbox 360 that i`ve played game with wave3 converted to wave2 ? I usually don`t play on Xbox Live, i`m only using xbox live for demos, trailers etc. , but not the multiplayer.
Also, if i would update my drive to iXtreme 1.6, can i play on this firmware games with wave2 and wave3 ?
Thanks for the answers and sorry for my poor english

#12 Quake94

Quake94

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

Damn, so i need to update to 1.6
iXtreme 1.6 is compatibile with wave2 and wave3 games ?

#13 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

If those disks were made properly, yes

#14 Quake94

Quake94

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Only one more question - How to check is the game with wave3 valid ? (stealth patched properly), should i use abgx360, or other software ?
Thanks for advice

#15 ochentay4

ochentay4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Quake94 @ May 30 2009, 05:29 PM) View Post

Only one more question - How to check is the game with wave3 valid ? (stealth patched properly), should i use abgx360, or other software ?
Thanks for advice

abgx360 1.0.1 smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users