• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Weilin37

Weilin37

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

hey, i'm completely new and don't know much about modding.

I bought an xbox that already had ixtreme 1.5 installed.
I was wondering if I should install 1.6 because I heard it has better protection from getting xbox - live banned.

The only games I will be playing is halo 3, l4d, gears of war 2, and maybe street fighter 4 online, so I won't be playing any of the "wave 3" games. Should I install 1.6 anyways? Or do you think that 1.5 will be fine in terms of not getting banned.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

The fact that you have a modded 360 you are at risk of a ban anyway.

But for the best chance of not getting banned you should have 1.6 installed. But if you make sure you are playing proper stealth backups you should be somewhat safe with ix 1.5.

However if you don't at least have ix 1.5.1 installed you will have to update at some point to play the newer games because all future games will be wave 3.

#3 Weilin37

Weilin37

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

Oh thanks,

I think I will need to update to ixtreme 1.6

I have never done any of this flashing or modding business. I know that 360mods have a couple of tutorials on how to flash the drive to install ixtreme. Is it difficult to do? Do I need to buy any special equipment? I just want to know if its possible to do by yourself before I decide to pay someone else to do it.

#4 Weilin37

Weilin37

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

Oh hi,

Another question, If i put the original discs in, it will have no problem with the live banning issues right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users