#1 not_impressed

not_impressed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

hello all,
i'm new here, i have a problem that i thought i may get some help around here,
my old xbox was destroyed and when i bought a new one the store used my old samsung drive on the new XBOX.
and spoof-flashed it to LiteOn IX1.4
(i know this since i see on the DVD DRIVE itself that it says toshiba-samsung, and in the jungle flasher it shows lite on information)

now, i'm trying to flash it to 1.6 using Jungle Flasher, and my p.c. (ofc) via sata cable.
when i try to flash with the xboxs tray half open, and pick samsung unlock it tells me that theres a vendor error.

should i upgrade it as a lite on? should i upgrade as a samsung? is there any special treatment since the DVD drive and the XBOX aren't from the same model?

please help me out sad.gif

p.s.
i love pop.gif

Edited by not_impressed, 18 May 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#2 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

You need to upgrade it as a Samsung, firstly you need to read the data from the drive.
I have not used 1.6 jungle falsher yet, but pre patched samsung drives need the unlock.iso playing first.

Log on to pc, with sammy all set up pop in the disk and wait 30 seconds then start up jungle flasher

You then need to go to the mtk32 tab and click intro/device ID

this should then return a 0x70 status

Alternatively

start jungleflasher and go to mtk32 tab and click intro/device id then click yes and turn the drive on and off within a second

Once you have the right 0x70 status then read the drive and save then let it do the ixtreme for you but then click the manual spoofing button and spoof as a lite-on

then back to mtk32 and click write and when you have finished click the outro button and job done.

#3 not_impressed

not_impressed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(ps2moduk @ May 18 2009, 01:26 PM) View Post

You need to upgrade it as a Samsung, firstly you need to read the data from the drive.
I have not used 1.6 jungle falsher yet, but pre patched samsung drives need the unlock.iso playing first.

Log on to pc, with sammy all set up pop in the disk and wait 30 seconds then start up jungle flasher

You then need to go to the mtk32 tab and click intro/device ID

this should then return a 0x70 status

Alternatively
start jungleflasher and go to mtk32 tab and click intro/device id then click yes and turn the drive on and off within a second

Once you have the right 0x70 status then read the drive and save then let it do the ixtreme for you but then click the manual spoofing button and spoof as a lite-on

then back to mtk32 and click write and when you have finished click the outro button and job done.

thank you for your reply a few questions,
where do i get the unlock.iso? is that the link on the JF top right? do i just click activate and the file is within the JF already?
or do i burn the .iso file on a dvd\cd and use it within vendor mode?

#4 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Click the activate.iso link in 1.6 and it takes you to it.

To burn use imgburn and onto dual layer media with NO layerbreak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users