4 replies to this topic

#1 malgorium

malgorium

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

I've been using good ol DOS to do my flashing this whole time (including last night to do 1.51 -> 1.6) because I've never gotten Jungleflasher to work.

Is there something I need to do differently if I'm trying to flash a spoofed drive? I have the VIA 5.30c drivers, and Jungleflasher starts up and detects my drive, though the drive shows up as a Benq, since that's what it's spoofed as, instead of the Sammy MS28 that it actually is.

When I click on the 'Sammy Unlock' button, it gives me the 'Vendor Intro Failed' message. I'm powering the drive on with the tray half-open like I'm supposed to, but I just can't seem to get JF to work. Any ideas?

#2 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

have you installed portIO? Then you disabled the raid/scsi controller in device manager and removed the driver in system32/drivers and then re-enabled the raid controller in dev mgr again right?

Aside from that, you don't need to unlock anything, because the ms28 fw is not on there. that would be the only reason to unlock it. just flash the newest one right over it(or if you prefer go back to ms28 OFW, then re-spoof and flash)

Edited by kaneda_77, 18 May 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#3 malgorium

malgorium

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(kaneda_77 @ May 18 2009, 10:05 AM) View Post

have you installed portIO? Then you disabled the raid/scsi controller in device manager and removed the driver in system32/drivers and then re-enabled the raid controller in dev mgr again right?

Aside from that, you don't need to unlock anything, because the ms28 fw is not on there. that would be the only reason to unlock it. just flash the newest one right over it(or if you prefer go back to ms28 OFW, then re-spoof and flash)

Oh, unlocking is only for stock drives? I do have PortIO installed, but I didn't do that disabling/re-enabling raid controller thing. Is that absolutely necessary, or should it work without doing that? Thanks!

#4 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

Unlocking is for Samsung FW, not the physical drive. Generally speaking, when you spoof a drive it will read as the one that it is imitating. In your case BenQ. I haven't personally done a BenQ spoof, but you would follow the procedure for that instead of a samsung since the ms28 fw is not on the drive.

Jungleflasher worked MUCH better for me after I disabled the raid drivers. Instructions are in the last few pages of the jungleflasher tutorial PDF.

#5 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

i forgot to mention. its always good to flash back to OFW before upgrading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users