• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nam133

nam133

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 06:27 PM

Here are some suggestions to people ordering modchips in general, from my experience over the years. I have received every modchip order I've made (from many places, lik-sang, eb2k, chipzone, consolesource...) and I'm pretty sure my strategies have something to do with it. I'd love to hear comments on my suggestions or other tips... my goal with this post is to help as many people as possible.

Why to only order 1 at a time, and no other products in the order--

If they accidentally ship you only 1 on an order for 2+ chips it is your word vs. theirs and you will be screwed out of your money. When they are shipping these orders out right when they receive the product 99% of them are for quantity 1 and it's a very likely mistake. I'm also pretty convinced that these shady companies take advantage of people who order 2+ chips and undership them. Easy extra money for them, the chance of repeat business with modchips is low anyway, and not shipping you that 2nd chip lets them fulfill another order for 1 chip. They can prove they sent you a box, so complaining to them or the BBB won't do much--that's a pretty defensible position for them. A final reason to only order 1 at a time--less lost money if you get entirely screwed out of your money and get no product. As to why not to order any other products along with a chip, I'm sure you've figured that out by now--they can ship you a box with the other products and 'forget' to put the chip in, and now it's your word against theirs again.

Why to never cancel or change an order--

The people who run these places tend to make mistakes. And sometimes try to screw people out of money while making it look like they are reputable. Regardless, making a change to an order or trying to cancel it just increases your chances that they will screw up and that you will get no product while being charged.

If you order 1 chip and never make any changes to the order at all they _have to send you something, sometime_. They know you can complain to them or the BBB and it won't be defensible for them at all if they have taken your money and they can't prove they've ever shipped you anything. This strategy goes back to the reasoning for only ordering 1 chip, and why you shouldn't order any other product in your order.

Hope these tips help some folks.

#2 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 06:36 PM

Always use a credit card that backs you up with fraudulent purchases.

#3 Josep

Josep

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 06:56 PM

Do you guys think that applies to easybuy2000.com as well, and even lik-sang.com? (even though they are not up;))

#4 Kreepa13

Kreepa13

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 10:39 PM

thats what i want to know will the guy at easybuy2000.com screw you if you order more than one xodus matrix chip.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 04:06 AM

Very good thread!

#6 ^^^Maximus^^^

^^^Maximus^^^

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 04:14 AM

One recomendation, if you are going to pay for an express type of shipping, wait until the chip is released instead of a pre-order purchase.

#7 nam133

nam133

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 05:49 AM

Even though my order for one Xodus from EB2K has been shipped, I posted this information with people ordering from them in mind.

Read a few of the posts about them at resellerratings.com and I think you'll be convinced that it couldn't hurt to use the strategies described in this thread at easybuy2000. And I'd say it applies to lik-sang as well, since all of the people who ordered stuff before their site went down run the risk of not receiving goods they have been charged for.

link: http://www.resellerr...seller1657.html

That said, I've always gotten my goods from both companies (used them both several times). So you could argue that I'm stupid to be so paranoid, and that I'm unnecessarily warning people to be careful with them. Or you could argue that my strategy of only ordering a single chip in an order has helped that to happen. I'm not sure what to think myself, but it's hard to argue with the logic that the less money you risk the less money you can lose.

I agree with Maximus' suggestion to not order express shipping on a preorder. The product often ends up arriving to you around the same time with the cheap shipping as it does for people who paid extra, and one time I had a chip that I had paid for fedex 2-day on arrive USPS priority instead as a 'mistake'. You may also find yourself regretting as the ship date for a preorder gets pushed back and back that you paid for fast shipping, when you end up waiting weeks and weeks like everyone else.

#8 Patriot

Patriot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2002 - 06:14 AM

Good post. I want to reiterate to use a credit card, no paypal, money orders, personal checks, ect. Priority shipping is usually worth it for speed if you are importing something to your country from another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users