9 replies to this topic

#1 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Ok so as the title says I think I have a bad flash on a lite-on drive. I used jungleflasher, dumped the keys multiple times and all of the data was the same each time. I didn't get any errors during the process and didn't have any freezing issues either.

BUT when I put the drive back into the 360 all I get is an extended "reading" on the dashboard and then the little graphic xbox box that comes onto the screen when it can't play a disc.

I'd like to take my dumped files and try reflashing the drive in DOS. What I don't understand is how to tell if jungleflasher is creating a valid hacked firmware or not. Is jungleflasher the only option I have?

What do I need to look for in my dumped files to see if anything is wrong?

#2 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

Sounds like another fried laser sad.gif Did you unplug it when you flashed?

#3 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

No I actually didn't even read about the laser issue until after flashing the drive.

Main thing I am trying to figure out is how to verify if my dumps are good. As long as I have valid dumps, I can always get a replacement drive.

#4 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

Did you use jungleflasher 1.6? If so then try JungleFlasher v0.1.59 Beta. If the dvd key was bad then jungleflasher would have told you. Use the dummy.bin again and recreate the hacked firmware with jf v0.1.59 Beta. Just erase the drive in jungleflasher untill you get the 0x72 message then write the firmware.

Jungleflasher guide

#5 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

Yes I used 1.6. I'll try the 1.59 version tonight and see if that works.

Thanks for the info guys! Was going crazy last night thinking I ruined this one.

#6 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

Ok so I tried again in DOS and nothing. I'm pretty sure I fried the drive.

Now here is my issue. If I take the three dumped files and add them to jungleflasher, I get an error message saying that the files are missing some drive specific information. If I load the dummy.bin file I get no warnings???

I tried a tool called Drive Serial Dummy.Bin Fixer. When I load my dummy.bin into it everything checks out fine.

So I'm stuck because one program tells me there is an issue, another says the file is fine. Meanwhile the drive itself is fried. I'll buy a benq drive and spoof it, I just have no clue if I even have the necessary data or not!

I can post the jf log but I wasn't sure if data needs to be removed before I post it.

#7 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

too late to add an edit...

I also fixed the file in jf by manually adding "missing" data.

So I'm guessing all I can do now is get a dvd drive and roll the dice?

#8 untamed.sailor

untamed.sailor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:console gaming,mechanical modelling,bikes
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(loki232323 @ May 23 2009, 03:42 AM) View Post

too late to add an edit...

I also fixed the file in jf by manually adding "missing" data.
So I'm guessing all I can do now is get a dvd drive and roll the dice?

Hi, i dont think your drive is dead and you have to use a different drive.You can try once more as it worked for me.
i guess you are using the original dummy.bin which you got initially from jungleflasher while dumping. this is the best one to use. as long as u have got key.bin, inquiry.bin and identify.bin correct there is nothing to worry.if you use jungleflasher to create dummy.bin from earlier dumped files it will report missing some drive specific information, so the original dummy.bin is best to use.
Try to use a different sata port. use dosflash32 v 1.7 in windows mode. It worked fine for me along with intel ich5 chipset(no via card).This is what i tried :
1. Boot to Windows.
2. Connect the Lite-On Drive (SATA and Power)
3. Start DosFlash32 and press "NO" on each popup window.
4. Select the port where your Lite-On drive is connected and chose Lite-On Erase.
5. Exit DosFlash32
6. Power Off then On the Drive
7. Open DosFlash32 again (When the Flash is detected, You wont see the popup window)
8. Flash your Drive again.
If it doesn't work Disconnect the drive and start again from step 2.Make sure you use version 1.7 of doslash32.
As you got same dumped files after running jungleflasher multiple times, chances are less that you have got wrong data.You can check these by comparing different files using any hexeditor. Also Make sure to create the final ready to be flashed (hacked) firmware using firmware tool32 of jungleflasher v1.59.

Even if this doesn't work you will have to use dosflash16 v1.7 as the steps outlined here in post 9 of following page: http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=10938.0.Keep on trying till you get correct status code. I am assuming that you have got correct dumped files and problem is with flash writing process. if your key.bin is not right then you wont be able to use any other drive to spoof also.
Have Fun and Good Luck!
Plz correct me if i am wrong. Also lot of thanks to team jungle and everyone involved at xbox-scene for helping me in flashing my 360.
Thanks again.

Edited by untamed.sailor, 23 May 2009 - 09:24 AM.

#9 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Skateing, Wakeboarding, Wacthing TV, and chilling with my friends.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

Did you use jungleflasher 1.6? If so then try JungleFlasher v0.1.59 Beta. If the dvd key was bad then jungleflasher would have told you. Use the dummy.bin again and recreate the hacked firmware with jf v0.1.59 Beta. Just erase the drive in jungleflasher untill you get the 0x72 message then write the firmware.

Jungleflasher guide

I was having same issues but try this and it worked smile.gif

Edited by TheSchonk, 23 May 2009 - 07:36 PM.

#10 loki232323

loki232323

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

The lite-on drive is 100% dead. I think that when I tried the flash again the first night that I plugged the molex in backwards...yeah NOOB! Ordered a benq drive and I'm going to give that a shot.

I have all of my info backed up so now I am just searching for a tutorial to swap a benq drive into my lite-on console.

If anyone can shoot me a link I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by loki232323, 23 May 2009 - 10:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users