• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Calamity of War

Calamity of War

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

I had a first gen console with a toshiba ms 28 drive in it which played all backups perfectly. However the RROD error became unfixable and so i bought an elite and modified the Hitachi's firmware it came with. However their are only a few of my backups that it plays which played fine on the toshiba. A couple days ago I went to swap out the hitachi for the toshiba and I get the E66 error. I inserted the toshiba with the hitachi's drive key by using firmware toolbox. And i flashed it with the latest firmware using dosflash32(i never used a 0800 disc). After flashing I used the read option and then varified that it flashed correctly with the right key using firmware toolbox. e66 message on boot. If its not possible to swap, can i fix my hitachi drive to play all games, i've read the laser power can be adjusted and such. Thank you for any help offered

#2 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

E66: DVD Drive Error:
DVD model, or version does not match that of the version expected by the dashboard. OR the firmware version on the drive is older then the firmware version expected by the dashboard. Make sure the DVD drive is of the same version originally included with the console and that it is using either the original firmware included with the console or newer.

Solution:
Download the Ixtreme 1.6 for the ms 28 and Jungleflasher 1.6 or 1.59. Download with this program. Start up jungleflasher and create your hacked firmware in Firmwaretool32. Load your hitachi's original.bin as source firmware and load the Ixtreme 1.6 as target firmware. Press 'spoof source to target' and then 'save to file'. Follow this guide for further instructions.

#3 Calamity of War

Calamity of War

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

So its possible to replace a hitachi with a toshiba in a console?

#4 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

most definitely!
samsung/toshiba drives work great. You just need to spoof the firmware properly.

#5 SimianEtza

SimianEtza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

If you could get your hands on a BenQ or Lite-On, definitely go for that. They work even better!

#6 Calamity of War

Calamity of War

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:47 AM

Cool, thank you for the tips

#7 Calamity of War

Calamity of War

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Update: I used firmtool32 to spoof the drive and then flashed with dosflash32 because it is the easiest for me(just turn off and on and after asking to resend, then click no) and it worked perfectly! thanks for all the support!

Edited by Calamity of War, 22 May 2009 - 08:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users