48 replies to this topic

#16 Henne_C

Henne_C

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

xbmc is the shit and if i missed somebody else commenting on this i apologize... but when i copy multiple large files to someone else's xbox the status bar disappears (usually on the 2nd file) . It's been like that for a while and i figured it would work itself out but i switch to a newer build whenever i can and it hasn't, hence the post. Am i the only one that notices it?

#17 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Just tested the latest version and huh! it needs about 15 seconds to start up! wtf?
Is that normal with this release? Another release (last year) started up without hesitation.

#18 Gilby_001

Gilby_001

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Just upgraded to this from the last stable build, now when I boot, xbmc wont load. My xbox (softmodded) just hangs at a black screen with a yellow ring. Because xbmc isnt running, I have no access to ftp to reinstall or downgrade. And I no longer have my exploitable splinter cell game. Suggestions please?

#19 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Don't you have Dualboot?
If not, you can still access your HDD with XBOXHDM. Remember you need to unlock the HDD before that.

#20 Rockshocker

Rockshocker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hey everyone. I haven't been here in a couple years, I'm so glad these updates keep on coming. I look forward to updating my xbox and getting to know everyone. Nice to be back. I missed my old xbox hehe.

#21 Satoshi Matrix

Satoshi Matrix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:48 AM

Hey all, I just updated to this new version and now am experiencing a few problems I'm hoping someone here can kindly help me with.

First, whenever I launch any program (game, emulator, another dashboard..anything) it now takes about 1-2 minutes rather than being immediate. Even more strangely, it only happens when programs are launched when I'm using composite video. If I plug in component cables, programs boot right up! What's going on here? How can I correct this...?

Secondly, this build will not launch DVD Videos or even .VOB files. Any idea why not and how to correct?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for asking such questions, but since they are issues with this particular dashboard build, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

#22 cx89018

cx89018

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

the Flatten option for tv shows don't work. HELP

#23 Guily6669

Guily6669

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Fuck XBox Live! Noobs pay, Noobs play, M$ say:<br />THANK U MISTER FOR MAKING ME A BILLION RICHER U FAG!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Gilby_001 @ Feb 28 2010, 12:49 AM) View Post

Just upgraded to this from the last stable build, now when I boot, xbmc wont load. My xbox (softmodded) just hangs at a black screen with a yellow ring. Because xbmc isnt running, I have no access to ftp to reinstall or downgrade. And I no longer have my exploitable splinter cell game. Suggestions please?

U probably will fix ur problem if u make a auto-lunch dvd with a ftp ready dash or app in it. One day i had exact the same problem as you, but it was different, because i compiled my self the latest xbmc version out there, which is a lot versions ahead from the ones t3ch works on. And i forgot to test it as an app, so i simply used it in my xbox as the main dash, and although it compiled with no errors, xbmc wouldnt load up and was all black like urs...

What i did is: I used a dvd i have here which is full of apps to install from the dvd. (although i had no dash, my xbox was still loading games if u turn it off then on with a dvd inside...).

And i always have like 3 times the xbmc inside my xbox all with different names, so i used the dvd file explorer and i erased the one i compiled and i simply copied other xbmc i had in other partition of the hdd to where my xbmc was installed, restarted my xbox and boom working again...

And if u dont have any other copy of ur xbmc in other folder inside ur xbox hdd, instead using an system explorer to copy, download the "Ultimate boot 4.0", burn to a dvd and u can install xbmc from that dvd, and update again, and this time be more careful...

U probably screwed up in the updating...

<<IMPORTANT>>(4 ppl + don't know/have problems updating xbmc)

What i do to update my xbmc version is:

I always share the new xbmc files from the pc, and i put them in the xbox in other folder than the original xbmc (or in other partition).

Then i start moving everything i have from my old xbmc (copy), to the new one, that way i will have the new one with my things (U can only copy ur things, like themes sounds, visuals, plugins, scripts...).

And never, but really never copy ur old files that belong to the xbmc build to the new xbmc, because that way u will screw it, neither is recommended to copy ur old settings from user data...

Then i simply open any app from the xbmc that has a system explorer and i rename my old XBMC to "OLDXBMC", and i copy the new fresh one to where ur xbmc were installed. Usually i use a 3rd copy of xbmc (i named it "BADxbmc") to use it's file explorer to update my xbmc to a new version...

ps: By this way u will always have a fresh xbmc that u know it is really updated and out of bugs from ur old files or settings..., and still u will always have all ur themes, sounds, virtualizations, scripts... in it. The only problem is u have to configure the new xbmc again and make the shortcust. But hey it's better to have a cleaned version with ur old things in it than using ur old data and then have more freezes and strange problems...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if u ppl noticed, but xbmc now is only bugs and more bugs sad.gif

I remember when i first had my first xbmc in the xbox back in 2005 or 2006 can't remember, i never ever had problems with it although it didn't had many options like nowadays, but now my xbmc is always freezing, giving errors...

I always have 3 different versions of xbmc in my xbox, i used to love using different colors in the original xbmc theme, but after some version now i can't use them anymore, i mean i use them, but nothing changes besides the first word of the news... But that version has sound problems...

I use other version that i didint encounter any music problems, but it's always freezing everytime. And the latest version i use as main dash is kinda booooooring, most of the radios doesnt open right, u open a radio and they open a few more radios which is the same and only then they can be played, this sucks...

ps: i will try this version and see if the radio is still fucked...
Keep Cool

Edited by Guily6669, 27 March 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#24 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(Guily6669 @ Mar 28 2010, 04:01 AM) View Post
I don't know if u ppl noticed, but xbmc now is only bugs and more bugs sad.gif

I remember when i first had my first xbmc in the xbox back in 2005 or 2006 can't remember, i never ever had problems with it although it didn't had many options like nowadays, but now my xbmc is always freezing, giving errors...

Many of the bugs that get introduced stay because no one bothers to properly document them. The coders themselves don't use every feature of XBMC (and there's a lot of them these days), and certain issues only crop up under specific configurations, etc.

The first step towards getting any given bug resolved is to work out exactly when it was introduced.

#25 Guily6669

Guily6669

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Fuck XBox Live! Noobs pay, Noobs play, M$ say:<br />THANK U MISTER FOR MAKING ME A BILLION RICHER U FAG!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Yep, that's true, but Oh well!...

And again, i sadly wont use this version of xbmc sad.gif, RADIO is still screwed... and worst than the one before, because that one at least had icons and this one doesnt...

ps: didint even configured the xbmc, radio doesnt work any good so i skip this version.

ps2: If somoene know how to fix the radio, plz just let me know.
Keep Cool

Edited by Guily6669, 28 March 2010 - 03:08 AM.

#26 lwessman

lwessman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(XanTium @ May 22 2009, 04:54 AM) View Post
Download is useally found at T3CHs official site, link at the bottom.

Link doesn't work :-(

#27 TheFritoB

TheFritoB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

Houston, we have a problem. the ftp server is down. huh.gif

#28 drewb0y

drewb0y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

Download from here http://ftp.yi.se/pub/repository/t3ch/

#29 Guily6669

Guily6669

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:09 AM

When will u guys launch a new xbmc rev?

And plz can you guys fix the "shoutcast", some radios if you play them, they just open like if they were a folder, then they have a few radios inside and they are all the same radio...

I would be glad if you guys could fix that, and make every radio to be played without that issue.
Keep Cool

#30 JOGO

JOGO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

The Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT doesn't work anymore sad.gif
So now, I can just play Arkanoid smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users