48 replies to this topic

#31 tobermory

tobermory

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(rashid420 @ Feb 12 2010, 11:36 PM) View Post

I am having Apple Movie Trailers Freeze. I'm also having my DVD's jerk. I thought it was a network issue because I stream wirelessly on my home network. I have verified that is not the case by connecting through network cable and trying to play DVDs. ALL DVD ISOs drop frames resulting in Jerky Playback. Sound does not jerk, just audio.

Funny thing is high bitrate videos still play stellarly. I encode XviDs in 1280 x 540 with bitrate of 2400. Absolutely fabulous with no dropped frames. In fact playing better than ever. It is really confusing to me why DVDs are stuttering.

PROBLEM SOLVED :
The Video Playback settings used to have radio buttons for 480p, 720p and 1080i. Now they have a drop down with various options. For DVDs and DVDs only I change from "Best available" which I presume is 1080i to 720p and I get stutter free playback. Just have to remember to do that. And maybe I'm imagining it but I do see loss of quality which might be expected because upscaling is not happenning as much. But at least I can watch my DVD backups. I was starting to get worried.
When I watch my high quality backups I have to remember to switch to "Best Quality". If I watch on 720p I can definitely see quality drop. And as I said before, the AVIs do not stutter at 1080i so there is no reason to switch down. I can live with it unless the problem somehow gets solved in future.

Hi, I am getting really juddery video when playing back a DVD over the wired network. You mention that Video Playback settings radio buttons don't exist but I can see them in all the recent versions I have looked at but they are greyed out. I have just installed the t3ch latest build of 27th April and they are there too. Is there something I need to do to enable these so I can select 720p? Thanks.

#32 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Your console needs to be set to NTSC mode (should already be this if you're in America/Japan), and you need a cable capable of HD attached (eg, component). If both these things are already true, try booting up the MS dash and seeing if you can enable 720p there.

#33 Witwolfy

Witwolfy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

I have a problem with my XBMC... I deleted my whole old build and installed the new one.. but as soon as i enter the freshly installed one it. intimidately freezes while playing the intro music...

Edited by Witwolfy, 06 May 2010 - 12:24 PM.

#34 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:28 AM

You'll need to see what your log file has to say about the matter. This is stored in your XBMC folder, and named "xbmc.log". There's also a backup log from the previous boot, called "xbmc.old.log".

If your console boots directly to XBMC, you can hold white + Y to have enter "emergency recovery mode", which should give you FTP access.

#35 phinxy

phinxy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Updated to latest svn now and i still got the DVD playback problem. A 700mb xvid works fine but DVD-movies close down at the ending. For example Shutter Island closes at 2:00:37.

Please help. Ill try some older svn releases and see what happens.

I think it is this in log:

"Error getting next block: Expected NAV packet"
or
"Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true"

Edited by phinxy, 26 May 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#36 jfentress

jfentress

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

I believe that I was able to make them work by using the white "Menu" button and selecting "Play", rather than pressing the Green select button.

MY issue is with trying to access my NAS drive's UPNP. Ever since version 1/17/2010 or so, I've not been able to browse my NAS's music genres (since XBMC locks up whenever I try to add UPNP as a Source). Sigh.

jimf

QUOTE(Guily6669 @ Apr 20 2010, 08:09 PM) View Post

When will u guys launch a new xbmc rev?

And plz can you guys fix the "shoutcast", some radios if you play them, they just open like if they were a folder, then they have a few radios inside and they are all the same radio...

I would be glad if you guys could fix that, and make every radio to be played without that issue.
Keep Cool

#37 Meat_PoPsiclez

Meat_PoPsiclez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:42 AM

I'm also experiencing a freeze when I try to browse/add upnp servers. The unpopulated server list will come up, then the xbox locks up, and I have to resort to a power cycle.

I have foobar2k with upnp module, ps3 media server, and windows 7/wmp sharing on the network.

Any ideas?

#38 phoenixnz

phoenixnz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

I See T3CH has released a new update for Xbox XBMC. Hope to try this in the next day or so.

T3CH XBMC 2010-07-08 SVN rev30442:

#39 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Fuck XBox Live! Noobs pay, Noobs play, M$ say:<br />THANK U MISTER FOR MAKING ME A BILLION RICHER U FAG!
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

DAMN IT, now on any of the last builds the "SHOUTCAST" is gone, plz can anyone also check that? (It just say can't find the server error)

I have a build from (may 4 2008) and the shoutcast works, it have a different link to.

I also tried copying the old link to the new xbmc's, but still same error "Can't find server"

PLZ, can someone tell me how to fix the shoutcast? The shoutcast is the reason i always turn my xbox on, even more than my xbox 360...

It's so sad to see that XBMC teem gave a shit for the xbox version... Im wondering what is xbmc worth in a windows environment, where i can see already everything, and do everything. In the pc i just go to my videos and reproduce anything from there, i don't see the point of having xbmc on the pc, unless u really make a "PC MEDIA CENTER ONLY", and with a remote control, else than that is just a big waste of time...

ps: it's sad XBMC team stopped supporting xbox, i saw that some other team took the lead and will start converting the new xbmc's for the xbox, but oh well WHERE ARE THEM TO DOWNLOAD??? (if anyone know, plz just let me now).
Keep Cool

#40 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Come to think of it: It seems that XBMC becomes worse with every newer version. I have three XBMC versions: 2006, 2008 and this release.
The oldest version lacks many scripts and fun stuff, but does its job well without flaws.
The 2008 version tends to stutter if I play my xvid encoded low-bitrate homebrew videos. But it is faster with images.
The latest release takes ca. 20 seconds to start (as an app).

About long loading times for launching apps in XBMC
I once had a similar problem on one of my XBOXes. The solution: re-installed XBMC and now apps are lauched instantly as they should.
Strange bug though.

#41 d'Wooluf

d'Wooluf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hey all.

First and probably last post:

Like it or not, these are the only people doing development, and this is the place to report bugs:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

And you'll probably find download links from the forums there. Personally, I'll probably stick with Camelot until my xbox dies. There's a limit to what you can get the hardware to do. Have fun:

#42 l0m31n

l0m31n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

daily builds for every platform.

#43 thequestor

thequestor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(l0m31n @ Jul 22 2010, 06:53 AM) View Post

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

daily builds for every platform.

It's "almost" back up anyway. Some of you might have jad problems with the site over the last week or two. I had to completely re-write the site about a week ago due to some major database issues. And at the same time I split the site to deal with each Arch having its own revision # [even though they pretty much always have the same # anyway. but not always] And splitting the XBMC4Xbox off into its own section.

I also re-wrote my entire build process so now it is 100% automated [except my testing and putting my daily babble on the site] Sounds easy lol. But I had to make this work on all of my build machines as well.

I have 2 linux machines now both quad cores one for x86 the other for x64 builds
1 have 1 OSX machine dual core for well, the OSX builds smile.gif
And I have this machine [this is just the machines I use to build XBMC smile.gif] which does the Win32 DX [no installer] and DX Installer as well as the Xbox branches.

It took me about 3 days to rewrite the build process and about double that to debug it lol. mostly because I had to learn a lot of crap like doing SQL connections from dos and dos errorlevels and stuff. wow. Ended up being 1440 lines of code just to do the night builds. Sheesh. But now I just click one icon wait about 1/2 an hour and a box pops up asking me for my nightly banter and then hit done and poof it's on the site for people to download and enjoy.

Last week it took me about an hour of my time every night [for the last 2 1/2 years] to do the builds have them uploaded to the host then add them to the site. Now it takes me about a minute of my time to do the same thing so I am very happy spending the 100+ hours I spent writing the new build code. Since it now saves me about 59 minutes a day of my time it will only take about 101 days to pay for itself smile.gif 3.1 months is not a horrible ROI smile.gif

I really don't know why I went into all that, I just wanted to say that my site [www.sshcs.com/xbmc or better yet http://www.xbmcsvn.com] was having problems, I fixed the underlying issues but now have to re-write the site to deal with all the changes, so whilst the site is up and offering daily builds still, its borked in may ways so if you have an issue, please PLEASE click the link at the top of the page named "Report Error" and let me know so I can fix that issue first.

I hope everyone enjoys my builds [even the windows ones tongue.gif] and I'll keep doing them as long as people use em smile.gif

And d'Wooluf for more than a year and a half now Arnova has been the ONLY person doing any updates to the Xbox branch. there has been NO developement by the "team xbmc" on Xbox since then.

Now that we moved the xbox branch away from the main branch there has actually been real progress being made. Arno added Exo and the Xbox branch is alice again

#44 phinxy

phinxy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(thequestor @ Jul 27 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post

text..

Love you! Keep xbmc4xbox alive!

#45 testomat

testomat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, guys..keep the good work ! You earn my attention.
Let live the box alive. I still used to watch videos and listen to music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users