• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qazwhat

qazwhat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:32 AM

uhh.gif sad.gif uhh.gif I broke a part right off of my moutherboard while dont ask. My BOX still works though, but when i run linux on one of my tvs i have a double image, but works fine on hidef tv. Could someone please TELL me something about said part. Please view pic. Start at the GPU fan plug on MOBO at top of pic, below are 5 little silver and black round things. I broke off the one to the bottom left of the fan plug. The 1st in the row of 3 down.

user posted image

1st 0

#2 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:02 AM

they are surface mount capacitors by the looks of it, part of the smoothing for the output

#3 mrk455

mrk455

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:12 AM

Hi: I try to help you. by the description that component is an resistor array, usually have 5 resistor of the same value each. your best chance to repair is to get a old or broken PC motherboard & try to find the same component the value of the resistors is marked on the top with a 3 digit code, the 1st & 2nd are values & the 3rd is the amount of zeroes ie: 103 means 10000 ohms, is a easy to get part almost every PC card have this things. good luck. smile.gif

#4 ifantig

ifantig

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:34 AM

looks like capacitors like the other guy said. Find out how many micro Farads they are and get a replacement from Digikey.com. Or take it to someone who repairs motherboards.

Edited by ifantig, 24 June 2003 - 04:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users