5 replies to this topic

#1 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

I think I'm close to getting this to work. I have a Benq DVD drive, and the VIA VT6421 card, and can get to Reading Bank 0... but it just sits there. I have successfully flashed a Samsung drive with this VIA card, so I know it works. Is there a problem in the USB program, or do I need to evaluate my Benq drive further?

Some people mentioned downgrading the VIA drivers, but I'm on Vista, and the oldest available drivers are not as old as the ones recommended. Plus, do the Windows drivers even matter when you're in DOS? (Or FreeDOS or whatever?)

Thanks!

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

You will have to give us more details then it is not working. What programs are you using(which version), the steps that you peformed. Have you tried jungleflasher, to is a good programto use.

#3 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(ruley @ May 30 2009, 08:10 AM) View Post

You will have to give us more details then it is not working. What programs are you using(which version), the steps that you peformed. Have you tried jungleflasher, to is a good programto use.

I'm using XBOX modification USB 1.6, so whatever that uses 'behind the scenes' is what I'm having trouble with.

#4 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

That is still not really enough to help you what firmware is currently on the drive, what steps are you taking(eg, eject tray, push tray back in, ect[if flahed with ixtreme 1.5 or later]). It sounds like the drive is not be unlocked(in vendor mode)

#5 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(ruley @ May 30 2009, 09:42 AM) View Post

That is still not really enough to help you what firmware is currently on the drive, what steps are you taking(eg, eject tray, push tray back in, ect[if flahed with ixtreme 1.5 or later]). It sounds like the drive is not be unlocked(in vendor mode)

The drive hasn't been flashed with any firmware yet. Do I need to be ejecting the tray? What does that do? I've flashed another drive without doing eject.

#6 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE(emuShelly @ May 31 2009, 10:16 AM) View Post

The drive hasn't been flashed with any firmware yet. Do I need to be ejecting the tray? What does that do? I've flashed another drive without doing eject.

I ended up using Jungle Flasher from Window Vista, and it worked right away! Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users