• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KuroYoma

KuroYoma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

I have a Xbox 1.6 with a 160gig HD. I used SID5 to originally hack and AID 4.5 to do all of my dashboard softmodding. I used MechAssault to Softmod. I wanted to try something other than xDSL and downloaded Xebian. I loaded and installed with the second option. Lost my F and G drive so booted into AID4.5 completely reformmated and installed XBMC to my F, xDSL to my G and xSelect/UnleashX to my E. I set xSelect with my three dashboards and when I selected xDSL, cromwell came up. On the selection I saw Fatx(E) hda2 and then the normal. I selected hda2 and it booted into Xebian. I reformmated the HD but Xebian was still there so what happened there? Next problem is I want to install a persistant xdsl to my 23gig G drive but all the options don't do that and I want to be able to access my files afterwards. I understand the Cromwell searches all partitions for a /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX directory so do I just do a normal install to my E and just copy it over to my G? I do have a working USB keyboard and working DVD+RW for burning.

I am not new to linux and would like to have it running on my xbox. Any suggestions would be helpful and I still have the original HD to do rescue installs in case I break it, so I am more than willing to test and try.

Edited by KuroYoma, 27 May 2009 - 06:43 AM.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(KuroYoma @ May 27 2009, 12:32 PM) View Post

I have a Xbox 1.6 with a 160gig HD. I used SID5 to originally hack and AID 4.5 to do all of my dashboard softmodding. I used MechAssault to Softmod. I wanted to try something other than xDSL and downloaded Xebian. I loaded and installed with the second option. Lost my F and G drive so booted into AID4.5 completely reformmated and installed XBMC to my F, xDSL to my G and xSelect/UnleashX to my E. I set xSelect with my three dashboards and when I selected xDSL, cromwell came up. On the selection I saw Fatx(E) hda2 and then the normal. I selected hda2 and it booted into Xebian. I reformmated the HD but Xebian was still there so what happened there? Next problem is I want to install a persistant xdsl to my 23gig G drive but all the options don't do that and I want to be able to access my files afterwards. I understand the Cromwell searches all partitions for a /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX directory so do I just do a normal install to my E and just copy it over to my G? I do have a working USB keyboard and working DVD+RW for burning.

I am not new to linux and would like to have it running on my xbox. Any suggestions would be helpful and I still have the original HD to do rescue installs in case I break it, so I am more than willing to test and try.

Read http://x-dsl.org/wiki/Install_Methods and appreciate the differences between a native install vs frugal/loopback install. I assume you want your files on the FATX partition intact so choose frugal/loopback

#3 KuroYoma

KuroYoma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

Thank You for the Reply and Sorry for how long it has been since I answered. Unfortunatley I have read that over and over again. While I would install on my F that would eliminate a large partition for xbmc. That is why I was asking if anyone had a backyard, under that table, untested method of native installing to my G drive. If not that is fine I just was wondering. I have the original HD loaded with chimp so I can always recover, so I am not scared to try things. I have messed around withit alot to no avail. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. Until then I will be trying to write my own way.

Thanks Again

Kuro

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(KuroYoma @ Jun 2 2009, 09:54 AM) View Post

That is why I was asking if anyone had a backyard, under that table, untested method of native installing to my G drive.

http://x-dsl.org/wiki/Partitioning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users