• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hunta7

hunta7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Ok heres what happend, i was messing with ftping my xbox, trying to get an emulator installed (Mameox) and eventually giving up in failure. Then when still in ftp mod, i decided to organize The E and F partion of my drive by deleting and moving around some seemingly safe files, but after rebooting my xbox, it stopped booting to the xbmc/evox dash and would only would boot to the MSdash.

I tried fixing this by loading Slayers Evox recovery install disk or w/e and choosing the option to completely rebuild/format and re upload Evox dash thing, then when that finished i restarted my xbox, only to find it still booting to the MSdash. This time however i could not boot to the evox recovery disk from the drive like i used to or ftp my xbox period, It just ses disk is not regconized.

I dont know what happened, It seems as if my xbox isn't even modded anymore.

The only way i can think of maybe fixing this without having to mod my box again is to hook the hardrive directly to a computer and uploading everything again manually from scratch, but i dunno if that will even work because the cd drive isnt even recognizing burnt disk anymore.

Please help

Thank you all for reading.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

It sounds as though your Xbox was softmodded, but it isn't modded any more - and it didn't unmod itself, you unmodded it.
i decided to organize The E and F partion of my drive by deleting and moving around some seemingly safe files
This almost certainly deleted / moved your softmod dash, and
I tried fixing this by loading Slayers Evox recovery install disk or w/e and choosing the option to completely rebuild/format and re upload Evox dash thing
this deleted your entire C partition, including the softmod - Slayers only works properly on chipped / flashed Xboxes.

You have to start again. Make sure you use Krayzie 1.1.1 if you're doing a gamesave softmod, or Kingroach NDURE 3.1 if you're rebuilding the disk with your eeprom backup and xboxhdm.

Edited by Heimdall, 27 May 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#3 pspheaven

pspheaven

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

prob xbox live from a game....

you'll need to re-soft mod.. Did you post this twice?!? dont

#4 ncarty97

ncarty97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Howdy all! I'm experiencing a similar problem. Essentially it went like this:

My Xbox is hard-modded with an Executer chip. I set up XBMC a year or so ago. Life was good.

Well, the wife asked why it couldn't just boot directly into XBMC since I never play games on it anymore. I said, good idea, looked up how to do it. I followed the instructions here:

XBMC install instructions

I ftp'd into the Xbox just fine. Since I was in there, I downloaded and copied over the latest version of XBMC.

I then went about uploading the new xbe file. I made the changes on my PC as directed in the link. I thought it a good idea (apparently I was wrong), to make a copy of the original evoxdash.xbe file. So I renamed it evoxdash.old. I was then going to load the 'new' evoxdash.xbe' file over the FTP. Apparently, renaming the file caused the FTP to stop working. I was completely unable to connect via FTP after that.

When I rebooted the XBox, I now see the MS dashboard. So, I looked up how to re-install the Evox dashboard. Seems like everyone says to burn an iso of the evox files on a disc, boot from it, connect by FTP, and copy over the correct files, and it will be fixed.

Only thing is, I can't get a burned disc to work with the Xbox now! I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong with either how I am burning or how I created the iso.

I've tried the following media and failed:
memorex CD-RW (12x 700MB)
maxell DVD-R 4.7GB (16x)
Sony DVD-R
Digital Research CD-r (16x) (I know CD-R don't generally work, but I figured, what the heck)
memorex DVD+RDL (8x)

I have some Verbatim DVD+RDL that I haven't tried yet, but I only have a couple so I figured I'd check first before I just make more frisbees.

I used Nero (express 6) to burn the CD-RW, but it would not let me burn the image to a DVD-R, saying it was the wrong format or something like that and needed a CD-R or CD-RW. So I used Power2Go for the DVD's. I did the CD-RW with both.

Thre weren't many options in xiso, so I'm not sure how I could have screwed that piece of it up, however, the file is only 2.44MB, so I don't know if that is correct. (It does appear to have all the files in it for Evox though).

So anyway, my question is:

1) Any ideas on why I can't get any of these discs to play
2) If not, is there another way of getting the the new dashboard on? I don't mind taking the hard drive out, but it seems that in order to get it viewable on my PC, I'd need to unlock it first, which I need the new dashboard for.

My last resort has been that when I modded my XBox the first time, I backed up the entire XBox hard drive onto one of my extra drives. I was thinking of upgrading the drive in the XBox anyway, using a spare 100GB I have. So I'm wondering if I could just use that backup, set it up the way I want, then install it. and go from there. That sounds far to easy though! smile.gif

Thanks for your help.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:03 AM

It's not really a similar problem. The OP has removed his softmod, whereas you have just removed the dash on a chipped Xbox.

Just cold boot with a rescue disc like Frosty's or Slayers onto DVD-R, and then use ftp to repair your installation.

FYI the reason your disc probably didn't work is that you didn't make the iso image with Qwix. Xbox iso files have a different format, you need to use Qwix to create iso images in xiso format.

#6 ncarty97

ncarty97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:24 AM

Thanks. I actually was able to get it to work using the Slayer ISO. I had read that xiso would make the xbox specific ISO, but maybe that is no longer the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users